<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: DIY Studded Shoes ..

Thursday, June 28, 2012

DIY Studded Shoes ..


Some of my older followers may remember these shoes from a H&M haul a few months back. Whilst I did really like them when I bought them (a steal at £14.99!), for some reason they’ve just been gathering dust in my wardrobe.

I love the gold caps!

I’ve been wanting to do some DIY stuff recently, and so I bought some studs from eBay. However, when they arrived they were quite a bit bigger than I was expecting.

So what better idea than to jazz up my abandoned shoes.

Starting in the middle, I put seven studs on the front just behind the gold cap. The studs work a bit like split pins so they won't dig into my feet while I’m wearing them.

I wanted to put four studs down the back seams, but it was so difficult to get the studs in the seam I decided to leave it at just two.

Finished product

Front

Back.

In case you were wondering, I bought my studs from this seller - £5.95 for 50 inc. P&P.

Have you done any recent DIY projects?

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At June 28, 2012 at 8:29 PM , Anonymous Ramblings of Geo said...

AMAZING!!!! i love them such a cool idea :) x

 
At June 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM , Anonymous Iram Imtiaz said...

These look well amazing! :)

 
At June 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM , Anonymous Sara Baker said...

Been itching to Stud my shoes..Love the shoes you picked hun:)

 
At June 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM , Anonymous Vicky said...

What a great DIY! :) I've wanted to stud something of my own for a while now but don't know what to do! Plus I'm a bit scared haha, will see if I have any old shoes like yours I can experiment with!

http://vckyv.blogspot.com

 
At June 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM , Anonymous Sophie said...

I have some of those studs [from the same seller] - used them to stud a collar which I blogged about :) Your shoes look amazing. I studded some recently too, and found using some little nail scissors to jab hols into the material helped when putting the studs in, incase you wanted to try that for the third stud :) xx

 
At June 29, 2012 at 6:48 AM , Anonymous Diana garcia said...

I love this! Awesome DIY. I will have to check out my H&M to see if these shoes are still available

 
At June 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous Claudia M said...

Wow..lovely idea!
Claudia
http://claudia-overtherainbow.blogspot.com

 
At June 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM , Anonymous lamplikeeyes said...

They look totally amazing. xx

 
At August 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous brialbeall said...

These shoes are just gorgeous!
I also really love your blog!
-Bria

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home