<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub

Friday, June 1, 2012

Review: Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub


I’m always looking for products that will help combat my dry skin, so I use oil on my skin everyday – blogged here – and also try and exfoliate quite often to get rid of dead skin.

I’m really lucky to live quite close to a Boots clearance, which often has products at least 50% off but more often the discount is closer to 80% off.


Soap & Glory recently discontinued this Sugar Crush Scrub and rereleased it – I’m not sure what the difference is but the tub is now only 300ml.

The 450ml tub is huge and fairly heavy, which isn’t surprising since the actual product itself is very thick and dense. As soon as you take the lid of the smell of lime goes straight up your nose – in a good way of course. It’s really strong, almost like you’re smelling an actual lime and not a scrub.


It’s packed with brown sugar and macadamia grains which give it it’s scrubby-ness. There’s also almond oil, which emulsifies slightly when you mix it with water. The ingredients compliment each other really well and leave the skin fairly smooth.

Overall I liked this product, but I didn’t feel like it was anything to write home about – ironic, since I’m blogging about it. The sugar and macadamia weren’t scrubby enough and I felt like I really had to work it into my skin to feel the benefit, which felt like a bit of a work out instead of a nice shower! I also found that the lovely sharp lime scent didn’t last on the skin, which was disappointing as I imagined it would be nice and fresh lingering on the skin.


The upside about this product was that it rinses away really easily and doesn’t leave the shower greasy or slippery, a problem I’ve encountered with other scrubs.

The new Soap & Glory Sugar Crush retails at £8 for 300ml in Boots, however I managed to pick up this discontinued version for £4 for 450ml.

What are your favourite scrubs? 


Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At June 1, 2012 at 2:19 PM , Anonymous Alex said...

I loved this scrub. I tried the new one but it's not as good - too thick. :(

-
Fashion-olic.blogspot.com

 
At June 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM , Anonymous Elise Duxbury-Campbell said...

Great review!
I really like the Sanctuary Salt Scrub.
Found your blog on blog hops. Following now :)
Love, Elise xx

http://love-elise.com

 
At June 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM , Anonymous Naomi Hing said...

Oh this looks great! btw I found you through the blog hop! yay!! 

 
At June 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM , Anonymous X_beki said...

I tend to find the more expensive a scrub is the better it is unfortunately, Soap and Glory are a fabulous brand though!

Also, began my blog today; http://flourishblogs.blogspot.co.uk/ as many subscribers as possible would be appreciated!xx

 
At June 2, 2012 at 4:10 AM , Anonymous Jessica @ At Home Take 2 said...

Wow- that sounds like a great product and a great deal.

New follower.  Love it you could link up with Weekend Blog Walk also... http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com.  

 
At June 2, 2012 at 8:35 PM , Anonymous Shanay Worthy said...

This product sounds great. Have to try it out one day

 
At June 2, 2012 at 9:53 PM , Anonymous Victoria_CosmeticCravings said...

I've just bought Soap & Glory's the Breakfast Scrub and I'm rather liking it so far.  Haven't tried this one yet though.  You are so lucky to live near a Boots clearance store!

 
At June 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM , Anonymous Holly Murden said...

Oh wow i havent seen this yet! I need to go and find it before they discontinue it again :) I love the Breakfast Scrub, i got through that so quick just because i loved the smell so much! Thanks for sharing this ! xx

 
At June 5, 2012 at 8:20 PM , Anonymous burleyr said...

I think the packaging alone would convince me, so pretty :) xx

 
At June 6, 2012 at 6:12 AM , Anonymous Diana L Garcia said...

I love how soap and glory products are packaged :) Sorry to hear its a bit of work though. 

im a new follower from blog hop, Im #5

xo,
dianaluv.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home