<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Outfit For My Sister's Wedding ...

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Outfit For My Sister's Wedding ...


Whilst my blog is definitely not a fashion blog, I thought I’d share my outfit idea for my sister’s wedding at the end of this month.

Now before I explain my outfit, I blogged months ago about being a bridesmaid for her wedding, but unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances this isn’t be possible. I was a bit sad about this as I’ve only ever been a bridesmaid once before and I think I was too young to enjoy the experience, so this would’ve been nice. 

However, the dress looks like this:



Lucky escape perhaps?

Anyway, the wedding is a traditional African wedding – which is like worlds away from me as I didn’t grow up with my siblings and my ‘real’ family – so I want to play it safe with something in neutral colours.



Wedding Outfit

The Outfit:

Dress
The dress is definite; I love it so there’s no way I’ll be picking anything else.

Blazer
I hate to show my upper arms – hate – so I need something to cover them up. I realise that I can’t wear the blazer all day/night so I might need an alternative but at the moment I’m thinking of this.

Bag
I really wanted this bag, which is only £15 on eBay. I’ve seen in a few posts that they’re lovely and slouchy and quite big so would have been perfect. However, the seller is in HK so there’s no way it’d arrive in time.
The BooHoo bag isn’t to my taste exactly, but I definitely want a brown envelope clutch.

Shoes
Would love these, as I won’t be able to get the Heels.com shoes due to them also being abroad. The New Look shoes are a bit risky as I’m not sure they’ll go completely so I need to see them in the store.

Overall I know it looks like beige/nude overkill, but I think they’ll look okay considering my dark skin tone.

What do you guys think?



Labels: , , , , ,

18 Comments:

At June 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM , Anonymous Hannah said...

I am bridesmaid in chief twice over the course of the next two years and I am not looking forward to the not so flattering bridesmaids dresses! Have you considered a pashmina type wrap instead of the blazer? You could probably wear that into the night? either a nude or a pop of colour?
The dress is amazing!
Hannah x confessioncloset.blogspot.com

 
At June 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM , Anonymous Gia May said...

I second the pashmina  :) I think the whole outfit will look amazing on you! The colour too, it'll compliment your skin tone beautifully :) xx

 
At June 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM , Anonymous burleyr said...

You'll look absolutely beautiful! Such a lovely dress and colour scheme :) xx

 
At June 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM , Anonymous Hayley@Makeup, movies & more said...

I think the outfit choices are FABULOUS! You will look amazing!
 The pashmina is a good idea too though :)

Hayley
http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.com

 
At June 14, 2012 at 12:41 AM , Anonymous lamplikeeyes said...

Gorgeous outfit. I think it all looks lovely together. I'd you're looking for an alternative to the blazer then a cream or goldy brown pashmina is definitely a good idea, you can drape that over your shoulders without having the whole arm covered.
A little bolero would be another way to cover the tops of your arms without feeling like you're wearing too much :) xx

 
At June 14, 2012 at 4:56 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I guess the dresses can break or break the whole experience! I've got my fingers crossed that you'll be luckier than I was!

I'm such a putz, I didn't even think of a pashmina! Great idea, may have to start shopping around for one. Thanks lovely :) xx

 
At June 14, 2012 at 4:57 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Can't believe I didn't think of a pashmina! What would I do without you guys?! Haha

Thanks sweets :) xx

 
At June 14, 2012 at 4:57 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Aww thank you :) x

 
At June 14, 2012 at 4:57 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Thanks Hayley :) xx

 
At June 14, 2012 at 4:58 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Ooo bolero is a good idea too! So glad I posted this as you guys have given me lots of ideas now :D xxx

 
At June 14, 2012 at 1:31 PM , Anonymous April Edwards said...

that dorothy perkins dress is simply stunning - and to think you could have been wearing bright orange! x

 
At June 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM , Anonymous Marked Beauty Blog said...

I adore the outfit that you put together! Absolutely stunning. 
Love the neutral tones! 

Sharleena xx

 
At June 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM , Anonymous Kiah Askew said...

I love the blazer and dress together.

www.thoughtsfashionbeauty.blogspot.com

xx

 
At June 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM , Anonymous Victoria_CosmeticCravings said...

The dress is gorgeous, very classy and nude heels and a blazer for day will totally finish it off although a pashmina is a good idea too. x

 
At June 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM , Anonymous Iram Imtiaz said...

That makes a great outfit! You should really wear that :)

xo

 
At June 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM , Anonymous Chloe Polo said...

this is a lovely outfit for a wedding! gorgeous <3

xoxoChloe Polo

 
At June 19, 2012 at 1:45 AM , Anonymous Bravoerunway said...

I think it is a gorgeous ensemble you put together for your sister's wedding.  It is very ladylike and neutrals will look great up against your skintone!  The gown is pretty too but not everyone is into shimmery fabrics and trumpet hemlines. First time visiting from the blog hop! Would you like to follow each other?

 
At June 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM , Anonymous Ochi said...

Hey, I'm a new follower! Found you thru the BLT blog hop! I love the dress, too! I bet that'll look good on you!

Visit my blog if you have time! :)

xo,
ochibernadas.blogspot.com 

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home