<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: My love for Caudalie ..

Friday, June 22, 2012

My love for Caudalie ..



Ever since the Caudalie SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum showed up in April’s Glossybox, I’ve been slightly obsessed with the brand. The serum is absolutely amazing and has made such a difference to my skin – I’ll do a separate post on this soon!

Anyway, I was recently browsing my local Boots clearance store and came across a Caudalie Set. Unfortunately in my haste I ripped off the packaging straight after I bought it, and for the life of me can’t remember what the set is called.

The set itself was originally £45 and supposedly worth £75, however it was labelled up with a clearance price of £22.50. Not bad, eh? I quickly snapped one up and when I got to the till it scanned as £15 – er, win!

The set contained:


A silver Caudalie vanity/makeup bag
Pulpe Vitaminee Eye & Lip Cream – 15ml
Grape Water – 50ml
Fleur de Vigne Instant Foaming Cleanser – 50ml
Beauty Elixir – 30ml
Lip Conditioner – 4g
Vinexpert Night Infusion Cream – 10ml


Eye & Lip Cream
This is the only thing I haven’t tried from the set, and I’m not sure why. I love multiuse products so I really need to give this a go! The packet says that it's eye cream, but on the side states that it can also be used on the lips. 


Grape water
I really like this. I use it instead of my toner sometimes, or just to freshen up my skin. I find the smell slightly strange, but it’s probably just my weird sense of smell as it’s very delicate.

  
Foaming cleanser
Not the best cleanser I’ve ever used, but not the worst either. I usually use an oil-based cleanser first to get rid of my foundation and loosen my mascara, and then use this to get everything else off and get rid of any oily residue. It’s really light and although it’s great at cutting through grease, it’s not abrasive at all and leaves my skin really smooth.

  
Elixir
My absolute favourite item from the set. The scent was slightly strange at first but you quickly get used to it and I now really like the fresh/minty smell. It’s another great multiuse product, I use it under my foundation for an extra glow, to set my makeup, to freshen up my skin during the day, when it’s really hot, and even before I go to bed. I’ll definitely be buying this again, without a doubt!

(I'd been using this for a while before I took the picture - hence why it's so small!)

 Lip conditioner
This is a lovely lip balm that’s pleasant enough on the lips. It’s nothing to write home about, but it’s nice and waxy so it’s perfect for sealing lip stains or applying under lipstick. You only need a quick swipe as too much can make it feel a bit grainy on the lips.


Night infusion cream
There’s more oil on my face than there is on a plate of greasy chips so I try to avoid anything over moisturising on my face. However, this is lovely to use if I’ve done an abrasive treatment on my face – especially something like my home microdermabrasion kit. My skin always feels quite sensitive afterwards so a pea sized amount of this before bed helps trap in lots of moisture and stops my skin from drying out and peeling.

Overall this is a great little set and I’d probably consider buying quite a few of the items once they run out.

Have you used any of these Caudalie products before?


Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At June 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM , Anonymous Alex said...

Great find - the lip conditioner sounds very good. :)

Fashion-olic.blogspot.co.uk

 
At June 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM , Anonymous Hayleymc1981 said...

Wow, one of a hell of a bargain! I am so jealous!!!

Like you, I completely fell in love with the serum from the Glossy Box! But the price tag is just too high for me right now :( I could do with a bargain find like yours!

Hayley

http://makeupmoviesandmore.blogspot.co.uk

 
At June 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM , Anonymous Dorothy said...

woww what a great deal! would like to try this as well. There's no Caudilie from my local boots. :( what a shame. Will check it out when I am in Paris.

Great post Lola :)

Dorothy@ Dorothy's little wonderland

 
At June 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM , Anonymous Rebecca Lunn said...

I'll definitely have to look into the Caudalie range, very cute!

www.flourishblogs.blogspot.comxxx

 
At June 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous Emma107 said...

Wow this is an amazing bargain! I've tried 2 Caudalie products so far and I've loved them, I'm dying to try the Beauty Elixir! xx
Beauty by Emma

 
At June 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM , Anonymous lamplikeeyes said...

Such an amazing bargain. I've only really read about the beauty elixir so its nice to hear about some of their other products xx

 
At April 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, this post was a while ago, but do you recommend getting the 50ml Cleanser or the 150ml? :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home