<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review Revisited: OMG Beauty in Bow Wharf - Eyelash Extensions in London

Friday, October 12, 2012

Review Revisited: OMG Beauty in Bow Wharf - Eyelash Extensions in London

Some of you may remember the horrendous trip I had to the OMG Beauty Salon in Bow Wharf a few months back. You can find the original post here, along with lots of pictures, but to cut a long story short the ‘treatment’ I had done was awful. My ‘individual eyelash extensions’ were a complete botch job – needless to say I wasn’t happy, so gave them a very unfavourable review.

Fast forward to October, OMG Beauty has changed to OMG Beauty & Hair, revamped the salon and most importantly has a new beauty therapist. Hanna Putjato has trained extensively in eyelash extensions and is qualified to do them.

I’ve actually been trying to grow my natural lashes so when Hanna contacted me and asked if I’d be willing to come back and try the treatment again, I was reluctant. However, I realise that I’ve got a horribly negative review on my blog (which is #1 in Google when you search for OMG Beauty reviews), and I thought it’d be unfair if I didn’t give them another chance – or Hanna at least.

So last week I pottered back along to the salon I swore I’d never go back to. Gone was the dingy little area I had the awful treatment in, instead Hanna showed me into a lovely room with a treatment bed and a huge array of Individual Diamond Lashes*.

She talked me through the treatment, tucked me up on the treatment bed (literally! Haha), thoroughly cleaned my lashes, and got started. She explained what lashes would be best for me since some of my lashes were very curly, and others were quite straight.

Hanna was very lovely and I felt so comfortable that I fell asleep, I hope I didn’t snore! The treatment took about 2hours from start to finish, but I barely noticed because I was so busy chatting away – and sleeping.

I’ve used my April eyelash pictures for reference, just because they haven’t really changed much over the lash couple of months. Sad, but true.


Before


After




I’m awful at taking pictures of my eyes, but you can see how full and long my lashes are – exactly how I wanted them to look in April (!!!!). I’m really pleased with them though, because they’re not just thick and long but they’re carbon black so I look like I’m always wearing mascara.



Would I go back to OMG Beauty & Hair? I’ve already made an appointment to see Hanna again next week for a wax. But I do have to say that she is the only reason I’d visit the salon again; she’s honestly amazing at what she does.



A full set of eyelash extensions (done by Hanna, obviously) costs £65. In-fills are recommended every 2-5 weeks (depending on how well you take care of them), and cost £35.




Labels: , ,

26 Comments:

At October 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM , Anonymous Hannah said...

wow! they look incredible!
Hannah x confessioncloset.blogspot.com

 
At October 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM , Anonymous LeaLea said...

wow! i just read this post as well as your old one...! such an improvement!!! these ones look fab!


LeaLea
www.lealeaho.co.uk

 
At October 13, 2012 at 12:41 AM , Anonymous Raffles Bizarre said...

Ah such a shame your first experience with them was so awful but how great do they look this time!

http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

 
At October 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM , Anonymous natalie kay said...

I just read your previous post about them, the old therapist was horrendous however the difference is IMMENSE! These look soo natural! I've never been one for lashes as I'm terrible at applying them but this has got me re thinking! Great post!

 
At October 13, 2012 at 3:14 PM , Anonymous Jessica said...

I'm glad you had a much better experience this time

www.lookwhatigot.co.UK

 
At October 13, 2012 at 5:57 PM , Anonymous Erica said...

They look great, I had a better finish the second time too! heres mine if you'd like a look http://sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/beautiful-lashes.html :)
Erica xo

 
At October 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM , Anonymous missy said...

girl they look fabulous on you, its always great when you find a beautician you trust, after all you have to trust to let someone mess with your face xoxo

 
At October 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM , Anonymous CSI Beauty Blog said...

These look amazing! What a transformation!


http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At October 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM , Anonymous Lela London said...

What a difference! I can't wait to see how they look after a few weeks :)


xo,Lelahttp://www.LelaLondon.com

 
At October 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous dolcevanity.com said...

Fabulous lashes honey.

 
At October 17, 2012 at 12:30 AM , Anonymous lisa said...

great great great these lashes
xx the cookies samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com visit <3 share the feeling <3

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Thanks sweetie!x

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Thanks love, I'm pretty pleased with them :) x

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I know, I think I'm going to hate my normal lashes when these are eventually off!x

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Definitely, the experience i had before made a lot more weary but Hanna was lovely!x

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yours look gorgeous! :) x

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Me too! Haha. Hanna is very professional!x

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Definitely, I'm so pleased this time around. The last "beauty therapist" pretty much butchered my lashes. You should really consider extensions, I have so much more time in the mornings without having to worry about mascara!x

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Thanks hun, really pleased with them!x

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

They've already started to shed but they're still looking pretty decent x

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

100x better this time around! I'm so glad that the other woman has gone!x

 
At October 17, 2012 at 8:21 AM , Anonymous othersideofcool said...

Ah thats so good that they had a refurb and got a new beautician and very good of her to contact you! I'm glad she was better than your previous experience and the new lashes look lovely! They don't look too OTT like some I've seen, just nice and thick and fluttery! xx










Visit The Other Side Of Cool
Tweet me! @othersideofcool:disqus

 
At October 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Roseybn said...




This is really a awesome lashes which provides us beautiful
and unique looks.


http://www.linella.dk/

 
At December 30, 2012 at 5:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks hun, they're definitely better this time around!x

 
At January 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Girls, just a little note - as I'm moving to work to another salon(central london)soon, OMG Hair and Beauty started to sell kgb vouchers for hd eyebrows and full set of eyelashes. These services will be provided BY ANOTHER BEAUTY THERAPIST!!!!! NOT HANNA!! If you want to have your lashes done by me - you can find all information, prices and special offers on my website www.beautybyhanna co.uk.
Thank you
Hanna Putjato

 
At February 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This salon is horrendous !!! Do not use this place, the owner is clearly not from the beauty industry and clearly wants to make a quick buck latching on to the likes of Amy Childs who have thrived off their TV publicity !! The experience I had with my hair was absolutely awful, my daughter who is training at Joshua Galvin could have done a better job after her first term in training. They actually advertise for stylists and beauticians on the day they have clients booked in because they donthave a stylist there... really...is this how to run a business? Id advise him to shut up shop and go back to what you do best ....part time reality television. Thanks, Ive aired my view.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home