<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: TFWOC Project Week #4 - MakeBelieve Glow Tinted Moisturiser Review

Monday, October 8, 2012

TFWOC Project Week #4 - MakeBelieve Glow Tinted Moisturiser Review


Next up in the #TFWOC project is the MakeBelieve Glow Tinted Moisturiser*. Now I don’t have much experience with tinted moisturisers; I’ve got very oily skin and use mattifiers and oil-free moisturisers/serums to help keep the oil slick at bay.

Due to the fact that I get so shiny, putting anything shimmery on my face just makes me look like a greasy disco-ball – not attractive. But with winter fast approaching, along with the prospect of lacklustre skin, now could be the perfect time to ‘get my glow on’.


As with all of the MakeBelieve products we were generously sent for the project, the packaging really gets me going. I love it. But when I squeezed the ever-so-sexy-looking tube, I was a bit disheartened by what came out …


As a “Woman of Colour” (I really hate that phrase), I’m very intimidated by putting anything on my face that’s lighter than my skin tone and won’t appear translucent. I’ll admit I was immediately put off.

When I swatched it on my hand I was sure that it just wasn’t for me. Surprisingly, it worked in quite well and left my skin looking nicely illuminated. However it wasn’t enough to really give me a ‘glowing’ look.


When I tried to apply more, it was really difficult to work it into my skin and it left me looking ashy.

The left picture is a heavy swatch, lightly blended. The right is the product fully blended.


As you can see it’s completely changed the colour of my skin, making it look almost ‘grey’.

However, it works perfectly as a highlighter. If you’re going for a Kimmy K, countoured to the max look then it’s perfect.

I tried it on my Mum’s skin (I’m adopted by the way, she’s not a stranger haha), you can see how gorgeous it looks. The red line indicates the area that I applied the Tinted Moisturiser and the blue line is the area with nothing applied.


Bottom line: I’m going to revisit this review to show you what it’s like on dark skin as a highlighter, but as a Tinted Moisturiser for “WOC”, it doesn’t get my vote. On lighter skin tones, obviously judging by how it looked on my mum, it illuminates the skin perfectly.


MakeBeauty Glow Tiinted Moisturiser is available from the MakeBelieveBeauty website, priced at £15/30ml.




Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At October 8, 2012 at 4:18 PM , Anonymous Karen said...

That sucks for the color. Hopefully using this as a highlight will be much better.

 
At October 8, 2012 at 5:05 PM , Anonymous burleyr said...

Oh how irritating about the colour! I hope you find a better use for it :) x

 
At October 9, 2012 at 8:36 AM , Anonymous Emily Has Dimples said...

Such a shame it wasn't for you, it looked promising!x

 
At October 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah I'm quite sad that it didn't work like I hoped it would!x

 
At October 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Me too. Seems such a shame!x

 
At October 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah I'm hoping so. Perfect colour for a highlighter!x

 
At October 11, 2012 at 2:47 AM , Anonymous alex said...

never heard of this product before... its a shame it doesn't really suit your skin but it's good if you can make it work as an highlighter. Loving how it looks on your mum hand as well!!


-
fashion-olic.blogspot.co.uk

 
At October 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM , Anonymous dolcevanity.com said...

I was so disappointed that this didn't work for girls with darker skintone *sighs* but I'm glad you are going to revisit this :) xo

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah I was too, hoping it works better as a highlighter though!x

 
At October 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous Sophia Ford said...

For me it definitely didn't work all over but it did look OK highlighting certain areas of my face! xo

 
At December 30, 2012 at 5:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I was quite jealous of how well it worked on my mums skin! Hoping it'll be better as a highlighter though, but we'll see!x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home