<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Battle of the Micellar Cleansing Waters

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Battle of the Micellar Cleansing Waters


Micellar waters have honestly revolutionalised my makeup removal. They’re gentle, but very effective and remove even the most stubborn mascara and eyeliner.


Bioderma Sensibo H2O

This micellar was the first I tried and definitely the reason I’m hooked. Some love it, some loathe it – but for me I’m firmly on the fence. Don’t get me wrong, I like it. But I don’t love it. I’ve never had the ‘irritated eye’ that some complain off, but it’s not the first that I reach for.
Available in 250ml & 500ml bottles. Hard to buy I the UK (although things are rapidly on the change) but this eBay seller comes recommended.

  

Nuxe Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals

This is the newest micellar in my collection and I’m really loving it. Leaves my face feeling very clean and makeup free – and none of the dreaded drag on the stubborn eye makeup. I was quite disappointed that there aren’t pieces of rose petal in it, although I suppose that’d make it problematic when using it around the eye area. I’d definitely recommend this over the Bioderma!
Available in 200ml bottles. Currently on sale at Ecsentual.com for £9.57.


Etat Pur Micellar Cleansing Water

Reviewed here, I’m in love with this micellar. Affordable and effective – what more could you ask for? In comparison with the Bioderma, I found it to be slightly less effective at removing my makeup – swipe for swipe. But weirdly I do prefer it.
Available in 200ml bottles, priced at just £6.40 on the Etat Pur website!


Melvita Fresh Micellar Water

I ordered a sample of this from LIB, but I’m not that impressed with it. It’s a great micellar and definitely works as it should, but I don’t love it as much as the others. I really don’t have much to say about it, to be honest. Meh.
Available in 200ml bottles, priced at £15 on the Melvita website, although you can purchase a 35ml sample for £3 on the Latest in Beauty website.

I can’t say which is my favourite, but I definitely lean towards the Etat Pur and the Nuxe – although they’re all definitely good at what they do.


Have you used any of these micellars before?




Labels: , , , ,

17 Comments:

At October 2, 2012 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous Reasonable Blonde said...

I JUST ordered Bioderma last night on Amazon. I'm hoping I don't have issues with it. Typically, I don't have sensitivity problems and I just want something that's going to remove my makeup COMPLETELY without me feeling like I have to take a power-washer to my eye area. I have a feeling most girls don't realize they really do have some makeup left on their face after washing. My lashes are so blonde, I can see every single fleck of mascara and eyeliner left on my face. It doesn't come off easily, and I'm not even wearing waterproof!

 
At October 2, 2012 at 2:13 PM , Anonymous Epiphannie Amusu said...

I've got the Bioderma water but honestly haven't gotten around to even opening yet (do wonder why i bought it if I'm not even going to try it) and Ive tried the Melvita one which honestly i hate. It left a weird waxy substance on my face which I just hated.

 
At October 2, 2012 at 5:33 PM , Anonymous Nic Tokyo said...

Hi! It's not about the products but first of all I would like to tell you how much I liked the photos! They look beautiful! :) I'm not familiar with cleansing water much as I don't like wiping my face with a cotton pad as it irritates my skin, I know it's kind of a weird question but what kind of cotton pads do you use?

 
At October 2, 2012 at 6:05 PM , Anonymous Mez said...

Love the way you took the photos! It's great your fave one is the only one i've tried :)

 
At October 3, 2012 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous Shamila Irshad said...

I love this post, the pictures are amazing!! But the waters have changed my life, I am so lazy at removing my make up and these make it so easy. Have tried Bioderma but not the others so will look into this. I think Bioderma is available in Harrods now but I am all the way in Manchester!! Booo!! xxx

 
At October 3, 2012 at 9:00 AM , Anonymous Shamila Irshad said...

I meant Harvey Nichols!!

 
At October 5, 2012 at 7:30 AM , Anonymous Discovering Beauty said...

I felt the same about the Bioderma, I was so excited to try it and then I couldn’t see the fuss! The Nuxe one sounds interesting though. Btw. I love how you have done the photography for this post x

 
At October 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah Bioderma has been completely overhyped. The Nuxe is really nice though, you should give it a try!


Thanks lovely xx

 
At October 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah Bioderma is now available at the Selfridges Beauty Workshop too, I think. It's around £15 though. Crazy. Not sure I'd pay that for just one bottle!x

 
At October 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Thanks lovely. Yeah I recently read your review on it! :) x

 
At October 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Ah thank you!


Sorry to hear about your cotton pad irritation. I use baby cotton pads, they're very soft and can leave lint on your face though so I make sure I saturate them.


You could try a muslin cloth though, or cut up pieces of an old cotton shirt? Or perhaps organic cotton wool might work better for you?


I hope you find something! :) x

 
At October 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I use a DSLR & a 50mm lens x

 
At October 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Ah sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I'm not that impressed by it either so I definitely won't be repurchasing!
You should give the Bioderma a go, it's much better than the Melvita!x

 
At October 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah I always double cleanse at night, especially if I've worn makeup.
You should get on quite well with the Bioderma, let me know if you review it! :) x

 
At October 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM , Anonymous Nic Tokyo said...

Hey Lola, I'm sorry for the late reply but actually your advice helped a lot. After I read your reply I bought organic cotton wool pads and they are amazing. Thanks so much Lola :)

 
At October 28, 2012 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I got the 'irritated' eye with Bioderma! Bit obsessed with Micellar waters and think I need to try the Nuxe now. Agree with you about the Melvita and Etat Pur and you need to try Caudalie's version, love it! x

 
At December 30, 2012 at 5:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I felt the same about the Bioderma, I was so excited to try it and then I couldn’t see the fuss! The Nuxe one sounds interesting though. Btw. I love how you have done the photography for this post x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home