<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Jenny Craig Weight Loss Plan - Weigh in #1

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Review: Jenny Craig Weight Loss Plan - Weigh in #1

For the last week I’ve been on the Jenny Craig diet*. Jenny Craig is a plan that delivers diet food to your door. Every week you’re provided with 21 meals and 7 snacks, which are also supplemented with fruit and veg (and some other bits, too) that you buy yourself.

Along with your food you’re sent a folder of all the info you’ll need for your time on the plan. You’re also assigned a consultant who you speak with on a weekly basis (or more if you need it!) to help you with the plan.

My Experience

The week has had its ups and downs. The diet itself is relatively simple and easy to follow. Broken down into three meals and three snacks, there’s plenty of food for you to eat from day to day.



The food itself is all pretty tasty, although the JC portions in my opinion are particularly small. I don’t think they look very appetising but like I said they’re quite nice to eat.

The first day was bad. I had a massive headache all day and although I was eating often, I wasn’t feeling full and found myself counting down until the next time I was going to eat.
So for the second day I decided to put my meals and snacks together, so I was having 3 largish meals a day. I realise that if you look at the list above that sounds like a lot of food, but if you have a look at most of the pictures they were fairly regular sized meals. My consultant was on the fence about my doing this, but it has worked for me so I’ll probably continue doing it next week too.

The major down of the week was the appearance of Auntie Rose after two days on the diet – if you catch my drift, ladies. I was really disappointed. Mainly because I always gain weight around this time – in fact I bloat up like a puffer fish and in the past have gained up to 7lbs! I thought that my efforts of the week would be completely destroyed – especially because I always crave evil carbs and may have indulged in a few things I shouldn’t have …

The Weight Loss

I’m sure this is the part you’ve all been waiting for. This week I lost a total of 1.2lbs, which obviously very modest. However considering I usually gain around this time, and my puffer fish body hasn’t felt up to any exercise at all I don’t think 1.2lbs is too shabby.

I also measured my body before starting, and I’m really pleased with the inches I’ve lost.

Hips: 0

Waist: -2"

Bust: -1"

Thigh: 0

Arm: -½"


Three and a half inches lost, 1.2lbs down, lots of food eaten, and no exercise done?
Don’t mind if I do, ta.

My goals for this week are to stick to the diet and get some exercise done. I’ve just downloaded the Nike+ app and ordered some Neoprone Workout Shorts so it’s all systems go this week!


For more information about the plan then check out the Jenny Craig website.
If you'd like to any me any questions about the plan then feel free to catch me on Twitter - @iamLolaStar



Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 16, 2012 at 6:21 PM , Anonymous treat_party said...

Good luck! You're off to a brilliant start :) x

 
At September 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM , Anonymous Raffles Bizarre said...

Great start! I have just finished my first week too but took a sneaky day off because I was at a bbq etc. Nervous for my first weigh in tomorrow, as although I really like the food and it fills me up it frustrates me that I can't just eat the things I want to so if I haven't lost any weight after all that I'll be quite disheartened. After the two weeks is up I'm just going back to my original calorie counting healthy eating.

http://rafflesbizarre.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At September 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM , Anonymous jennyjourney said...

Hi there, I have also just started with Jenny so was interesting to read how you're going! Best of luck

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home