<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: WishTrend.com - LizK Lizy Lips in Red Mango

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review: WishTrend.com - LizK Lizy Lips in Red Mango


When I was about 13/14 I used to love lip-glosses. Clear, sticky, and extra shiny was my thing. Looking back I literally cringe at how awful my lips must have looked. Due to this I’ve steered clear of any sort of lip gloss ever since. I’m seriously scarred.

However, when WishTrend offered to send me a few of their products to review, I was really attracted to their LizK Lizy Lips Gloss in Red Mango*.

 It looks quite blue-toned in this picture but it's not.

I really like the packaging; I think it’s quite cute and girly without looking too childish. A big part of the reason I don’t like glosses, is that a lot of them look like the cheap, oily glosses teenage me used to use.


The applicator is a contoured doe foot, which makes application really easy; probably not easy enough to apply without a mirror though.


The gloss itself is a deep pink with yellow tones, and a bit of shimmer to boot. The shimmer isn’t overpowering, but it definitely adds depth to the colour and reflects light making it look quite rich. And unlike lots of shimmery products, you can’t feel any particles on your lips.


The colour pay off is very sheer, although fairly buildable. My lips are naturally quite pigmented though, so I’m sure the payoff would be better on lighter skin/lips.

It lasts for about 2-3hours (without eating) and fades fairly evenly, leaving behind a hint of colour and a nice shimmery glow to the lips. As with a lot of glosses, it doesn’t taste great but it’s not overpowering at all. And it smells lovely!

Bottom line: I really like this gloss, but I don’t think I’d buy it as the colours are a bit too limited for my skin tone. 



LizK Lizy Lips is available in four other shades, including Angel Pink, Sweet Peach and Bling Bling Red Sorbet. You can purchase all five LizK Lizy Lips Glosses from the WishTrend website, priced at $16.50. The code 'FS12TZ84' will get you 10% off of your order.



Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

At September 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous beautyandthebooks said...

I used to love glosses and never wore lippy but now I always wear lippy and never gloss!


http://jo-beautyandthebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At September 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous beautybymissl said...

Great review. I think the shade of this lip gloss would be perfect for me :)

 
At September 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM , Anonymous Jayne said...

I love lip glosses, lovely review & it is such a pretty colour :) x

 
At September 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM , Anonymous IndieByHeart said...

Looks really nice! Lovely shade :)


Satu Indie by heart

 
At September 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous alex said...

oh, i never herad of this brand before... I'll definitely investigate, like the packaging! x

fashion-olic.blogspot.co.uk

 
At September 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM , Anonymous Shamila Irshad said...

I know what you mean, I was lip gloss freak in my teens the more gloss the better now I look back thinking what was with that purple lip gloss!! It's a nice colour on you xx

 
At September 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I know, I hate old photos now! I looked like I'd spread oil and glitter all over my lips! Haha x

 
At September 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah the packaging is really cute x

 
At September 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Thanks lovely. x

 
At September 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Thanks Jayne! xx

 
At September 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah it's very universal, I think it's a colour that would suits of different skin tones!x

 
At September 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah I was honestly a bit scared to try it sinceI haven't worn gloss in so long!
I'd love to raid your makeup box, I bet you've got lots of lovely lippies! Haha x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home