<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Vichy Idealia Smoothing and Illuminating Cream

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review: Vichy Idealia Smoothing and Illuminating Cream


I’m always really intimidated when it comes to trying new facial moisturisers. My skin is so oily and spot prone that the littlest changes can cause a break out, or make my face shine like a new car. This isn’t the case for the new Vichy Idealia Smoothing and Illuminating Cream*, however.

What Vichy says: Vichy Idealia Smoothing & Illuminating Cream visibly smoothes the appearance of wrinkles, and leaves skin's texture refined, and softer. It re-awakens the skin's natural radiance for a fresh, and even complexion.

I’m 22 so anti-aging treatments aren’t something that I’m too concerned about using. However, it’s important for me to find products that will improve the overall condition of my skin.

Idealia is very light and refreshing and hydrating, without it feeling too heavy. It’s got a gorgeous smell to it, a lot like raspberries, and applies almost like a gel rather than a cream. It sinks in really quickly, giving my skin a burst of moisture leaving behind no residue.


Now I wouldn’t have I’ve noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin, nor have I noticed any extra radiance. But I have noticed that it takes a little longer for my skin to get oily. It doesn’t stop it completely; I think my sebum production is linked more to hormones so I rely on products that will help mattify and delay sebum production.

Whilst I do like this moisturiser, there are definitely a few things that put me off. When it comes to the product itself I think it’s a tad overpriced. Luckily I can see a tub lasting about 3-4months, as I’ve been using twice a day it for about a month now and have hardly made a dent in it.


The second thing that puts me off is nothing to do with the cream but with Vichy itself. They’re a company that tests on animals and I can’t help but feel guilty when I reach for this everyday. Ever since I heard that Sally Hansen test their nail varnishes on rabbits eyes I’ve avoided the brand like the plague. “Lucky” for me I don’t know what Vichy do to the animals, but it still makes me a little uneasy. Obviously there are some people that can overlook it; in fact I have a friend that doesn’t like to use products unless they’re tested on animals, because she thinks they’re “safer” (I don’t agree with this, but each to their own).


Vichy Idealia Smoothing & Illuminating Cream is available from the Gordon’s Direct website, priced at £22/50ml. It comes in two varieties, for dry skin or combination skin.



Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At September 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM , Anonymous treat_party said...

I did NOT know that about Sally Hansen! :((
I think my mom had a sample of this, don't think she really liked it though. It looks such a pretty colour though! xx

 
At September 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Gummy said...

This sounds perfect for one of my friends who is oily...will show her your post! Do you think it's something you will buy again, especially given the animal testing?


Gummy

 
At September 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I'm not sure haha. I do really like it, but the animal testing makes me reluctant to actually *buy* it!x

 
At September 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I know, the Sally Hansen thing freaked me out too - especially since I have a pet rabbit!
Yeah the colour is really pretty, and I love the raspberry scent!x

 
At September 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Thanks.x

 
At February 6, 2013 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just bought this, didnt know they test on animals:( will never buy again:( i like that u tell What is testes on animals:)

 
At May 16, 2013 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Paid ad. Won't buy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home