<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Alison Claire Peppermint & Witch Hazel Foot Cream

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review: Alison Claire Peppermint & Witch Hazel Foot Cream

I’m not really a foot cream kind of person, I’m not against them or anything; I’m just chronically lazy. The thought of having to use different lotions and potions on different parts of my body really puts me off. However, I recently tried the Alison Claire Peppermint & Witch Hazel Foot Cream*.

My feet are very dry, so body butters and body oils are daily essentials. But with winter months creeping up I’ll need to ensure that I’m keeping them as hydrated as possible, as the cold really dries out my skin. That’s where I can see this baby really coming in handy. Instead of using it as a daily moisturiser, I’ve been trying it as an overnight foot treatment with socks and the results have been great. My feet feel soft and smooth and really hydrated.

The cream smells like your average peppermint foot cream, but applies really nicely. It almost melts into the skin, giving it a quick burst of hydration. As always, the minty-ness makes your feet feel really refreshed, but this one also contains tea-tree oil and green tea, which are both great antibacterial and anti-microbial ingredients.

Bottom line: I really enjoyed using this product, and although the full size is a whopping 200mls (I say whopping because unless you’re Ronald McDonald you’re not going to need much and it’ll last ages!), I think it’s a little pricey for just a foot cream. I’d much rather try one of their body butters, and use that on my feet instead.


You can buy Alison Claire Peppermint & Witch Hazel Foot Cream directly from the Alison Claire website, priced at £12/200ml.




Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At September 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM , Anonymous Harriet Manson said...

I tried some of the Alison Claire body butter and it was absolutely gorgeous. I'm gonna repurchase as soon as my current body butter runs out - it smells beautiful - couldn't recommend highly enough!! X

 
At September 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Oh really? Which one did you try?!x

 
At September 12, 2012 at 9:59 PM , Anonymous Harriet Manson said...

The Mango one - probably the best smelling beauty product I've ever used! And I thought £12 for body butter was decent considering it's a 'luxury' product in terms of ingredients. Probably wouldn't shell out for a foot cream though! X

 
At September 13, 2012 at 12:43 AM , Anonymous Sophia Ford said...

I love that you said you are chronically lazy. So am I! I have to force myself to use my various products. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect foot cream/lotion/magical potion myself and this sounds lovely. I really want to try the Weleda foot balm because everyone has said that is amazing for dry and hard skin on your feet! So I think I'll be trying that next! xo

 
At September 13, 2012 at 2:13 AM , Anonymous Saskia said...

to be honest, I learn a lot from your blog! so i will definitely follow you right now <3

 
At September 13, 2012 at 3:17 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Will definitely add that to my wish list! Yeah I get what you mean, I'd spend quite a bit on a decent body butter, but foot cream - nah!x

 
At September 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I think it's a condition! Haha
I haven't heard about the Weleda one, will check it out!x

 
At September 13, 2012 at 3:18 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Aww thank you sweetie!x

 
At September 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM , Anonymous treatparty said...

This sounds lovely, I always like to try feet products because I never really think to buy them! I'm not keen on minty scents though xx

 
At September 16, 2012 at 1:13 AM , Anonymous Valerie Paige said...

I'm a sucker for anything peppermint. -Great idea to use it as an overnight cream. I have a few I'll be trying in this manner.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home