<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Heaven's A Scrub Pink Lemonade Lip Scrub

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Review: Heaven's A Scrub Pink Lemonade Lip Scrub


Heaven’s A Scrub is a brand I’d never heard of until recently, but they sell homemade, completely natural products including bath bombs, solid moisturisers and a Pink Lemonade Lip Scrub*, that I’ll be reviewing today.

Made with natural ingredients, the lip scrub is perfect for prepping your lips for lipstick or generally getting rid of any dry bits. The Pink Lemonade flavour is gorgeous; in fact I may have eaten a few fingerfuls, in the name of beauty blogging of course!

The only issue I have with it is the size; I just think that the pot is way too small. The packaging is also a little plain, but for such a simple product that can be overlooked.

I’d be an awful blogger if I didn’t compare it to the Lush Lip Scrub that all bloggers seem to love (including me!). Now the Lush Lip Scrub is £5.25 (did it go up recently?! I’m sure I paid less!), which is think is crazy. I could literally make a massive bowl of it myself for that amount. Anyway, this leads me to something I realised when I compared the two side by side.

The HAS Lip Scrub is £1.50 for a 5g pot (sounds good right?) and the Lush Lip Scrub is £5.25, but for that you get 25g. So gram for gram the Lush Lip Scrub is actually cheaper, as 25g of HAS would set you back £7.50.

Bottom line: I prefer the Heaven’s A Scrub Lip Scrub, simply because it’s more gentle and gets rid of flaky bits without leaving my lips feeling like I’ve used a Brillo pad on them! But in terms of size/price, I’m a bit put off. If the pots were perhaps a little bigger and cheaper than the Lush Scrub then I’d definitely repurchase.


You can purchase Heaven’s A Scrub Pink Lemonade Lip Scrub, along with lots of other flavours, on the Heaven’s A Scrub website priced at £1.50/5g. If you use the code BLOGGER, you’ll get 10% off of your first order.




Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At October 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM , Anonymous joan said...

looks great!
and that little box,so cute!

 
At October 9, 2012 at 1:34 PM , Anonymous burleyr said...

The little tub is so, so cute. And the flavour sounds nice!
I agree the lip scrub is more expensive now though! x

 
At October 9, 2012 at 7:00 PM , Anonymous Zuzanna said...

Looks lovely! How long does one pot last you?

 
At October 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM , Anonymous Liv said...

both of these look lush!
liv xxx
http://livflorence.blogspot.co.uk

 
At October 10, 2012 at 1:24 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

It's really lovely!x

 
At October 10, 2012 at 1:25 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah I love the flavour, it doesn't leave a horrid aftertaste like the Lush one does!x

 
At October 10, 2012 at 1:27 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I purposely didn't put it in since I did lick a lot of it off of my finger haha. But I think that it could last about two weeks if you were to use it 2/3 times a week. x

 
At October 10, 2012 at 1:28 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

The flavours are lovely, but the HAS definitely pips it!x

 
At October 10, 2012 at 12:28 PM , Anonymous Barbara1923 said...

Really looks lovely. What type of camera do you use Lola? Your pictures are gorgeous.

 
At October 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Thanks sweetie. I used a Canon DSLR x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home