<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Pop Beauty Lipstick & CK Lip Gloss

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pop Beauty Lipstick & CK Lip Gloss


Being a very poor student I’m always on the hunt for a bargain or two and if you’ve seen my last few freebie posts you’ll realise I’ve found quite a few.

This will just be a quick review of some free lip-glosses that I received recently.



Pop Beauty Lip Lust Lipstick & Lip Gloss Lip Smoothie Duo in Petal Pink
Lipstick
The lipstick is full size, but it’s really cute and compact and comes in a blue and pink housing. It’s kind of an orange-y pink, which put me off a little at first but it glides on very sheer. It looks really natural against my skin tone but with a small amount of shimmer.

Bare lips on the left, and Pink Petal Lipstick on the right.


It's difficult to see in this picture, but the sticker says £5.
Lip-gloss 
When I was younger I loved lip-gloss. As I’ve said many times lipstick never suits me but gloss always did. I outgrew the shiny and sticky look and opted for balms instead, and the Pink Petal lip-gloss makes me realise why.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice but it tastes and smells awful. It’s really ‘chemically’ and oily, and whilst I think it looks nice on, the taste was just horrible. Now it’s not the worst lip-gloss I’ve come across in terms of smell and taste but since I’m used to lovely lip balms and salves I don’t know how often I’ll be reaching for this!

Bare lips on the left, Pink Petal lip-gloss on the right.

Think the duo was a really good freebie. Love the lipstick and would probably use the lip-gloss at some point if I could hack the taste!



Calvin Klein Glistening Lip-Gloss in Dazzle
I love the smell of this lip-gloss it’s like Fruitella! Still fairly sticky, seems like this is kind of unavoidable
with most glosses, but has a really like applicator brush and glides on really smoothly.
Not entirely sure on the colour, The Boy liked the Pop Beauty Duo but wasn’t so keen on this one. Same with me too. Plus I think I need to see it outside before I can make up my mind completely. Really nice quality though.

Bare lips on the left, CK gloss on the right.

What are your thoughts? Should I bin it? 

Have you ordered any freebies recently?

Lola ..x

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At March 16, 2012 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Nette said...

Hi :o)

Have just been running through you blog. Love it. Love the post´s and your pictures..

I am following you :o)

have a beautiful day and week-end

 
At March 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aww thanks Jeanette! :)

Hope you had a good weekend too!

xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home