<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: She Said Beauty Box.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

She Said Beauty Box.



Quick post about the first She Said Beauty box that I received just a few days ago. I was really disappointed with the box so probably wont be ordering another one.

As it was the first box I figured they’d start with a bit of a bang but it wasn’t a bang, just a little squeak.


The box itself is a Tiffany blue colour, and not as sturdy as the Glossy or Carmine box. It’s magnetic, which means I don’t have the difficulty opening it like I sometimes do with Carmine, but it still feels a bit cheap.


Same presentation as the other leading boxes, tissue paper sealed with a sticker, wrapped and tied with a piece of ribbon.


IN THE BOX:


ORLY Manicure Miniature in Mint
COMFORT ZONE Good Night Kit
PREMAE Harmony Face Balm
AVEDA Smooth Infusion Trio
COLLECTION 2000 Cream Puff
* JING Flowering Dragon Eye Tea *


 Please excuse my hideous nails, I stressed and peeled off my shellac :(


As mentioned in my post, I’m constantly shellaced now so nail varnishes are of no use to me. I’ve luckily arranged to swap this, plus the Andrea Fulerton nail varnish from Carmine, with someone over on Beauty Box Swaps for the Clarins Day & Night creams from the January Glossy boxes – wahey! Loved the nail file, a bit too gritty for the handbag, but a nice touch.


There was a little bit of drama over the Comfort Zone Kit as a lot of people’s were dated two years ago. She Said have confirmed that it isn’t a sell by date but a manufacturing date, and that products are guaranteed for three years. Regardless of the date on it, it’s not a product I’d use as I’ve just gotten myself into a routine that has settled my skin.


The above goes for the face balm too, I wouldn’t want it to interrupt my routine at the moment. It’s for combination skin, and whilst I do have combination skin I’m dubious of using anything oily during the day as my skin produces a lot of oil on its own.




I did like the Aveda skin fusion trio, however I felt that the samples were too small to really do anything with. I have really short hair, but it’s really thick and the shampoo wouldn’t even be enough to do one rinse in my hair, and I need at least three(!).


The Collection 2000 was the worst item in the box. Don’t get me wrong I’m a huge fan of drugstore brands, but I felt that this was a bit too low-end for a beauty box. To be honest, I’d rather it wasn’t in the box at all.


The tea was a nice surprise as a bonus and although I’ve heard mixed reviews about it, I’m going to give it a try and judge for myself, as I love herbal teas. The ‘teabag’ is apparently a flower that opens up after you’ve brewed it, which I think is really cute. And at £1.50 a pop it’s got to be alright… right?

So yeah, that’s it. Overall emotion is disappointment. I won’t be ordering another one, but I have the most horrible feeling that I’m going to be jealous of everyone with the next box and regret unsubscribing. But hey-ho, that’s how it goes eh?

Anybody else highly unimpressed with She Said?

Lola ..x


Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Beauty Balm said...

I must admit I too was expecting more from this first box. I too have cancelled my sub x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home