<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Long overdue, Carmine Box! ..

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Long overdue, Carmine Box! ..


I feel so behind on my posts, I have SO much to share with you guys – the boy is away this weekend (BOO!) so I’ll definitely have some time to update everything fully!

Last week my Carmine Beauty Box arrived, I was really excited about getting it since I’m new to the world of beauty boxes and have heard such good things about Carmine.

The doorbell rang at 7am-ish and I ran in a sleepy stupor to answer it, and was greeted by a VERY cute postman only to realise that I had a HUGE line of dribble across my face – oh the shame!

Granted, it’s not as cute as the pink Glossy Box, the inside is a horrible garish green.







Contents:
KORRES Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturising & Brightening Cream
Eldora False Lashes
Balance Me Radiance Face Oil
Westlab Himalayan Pink Salt
Eyeko Fat Eye Stick




At first glance I was slightly disappointed with the box, I’d heard nothing but good things about Carmine and it didn’t really live up to the hype. However, thinking about it the box was a complete bargain – it was my first box so I got a discount. I love the Fat Eye Stick (worth £10), although I’m still getting to grips with it as it’s really creamy, and swatched a bit too easily on my hand.




The lashes are worth about £5 – I think – and although I don’t wear them (I don’t think suit me), I now have an excuse to at least try them.  


The Korres Wild Rose Brightening Cream smells AMAZING. Don’t think I’ll be using it much though as I’m officially hooked to those Clarins Day and Night Creams from the Valentines Glossy Box! The cream is quite a small sample at 10ml but the full size product is just 40ml and costs around £20, making the sample worth about £5. I was expecting it to be really thick but even though it wasn't a small amount still absorbed quite quickly.



I was worried about the Balance Me oil, my skin can be really unpredictable at times and I thought that the oil might make me break out. Quite the contrary actually, I use it at night over the night cream and my face feels really soft and supple in the morning. It hasn’t got the greatest smell to it but it’s definitely a keeper in my eyes. The roller ball applicator is rubbish though, and I had to hack it apart to get any oil out! Full size product is 30ml retails at £30, so while the sample looks teeny it’s worth about £6.



Finally, the biggest disappointment in the box for me was the bath salts. I’m really much more of a shower kind of girl, and so the salts didn’t appeal to me. I know the boy will appreciate these more than I will!


So that’s it. The box wasn’t as great as I’d heard it was going to be but I’m not unhappy with it. It’s still too early for me to compare it with the Glossy Box, but at the moment the GB is leading slightly!


Lola ..x

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At February 16, 2012 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Giada Beauty said...

giggle @ dribble :P
love the eyeko fat eyestick too but not going to get it with its price.

 
At February 17, 2012 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Giada, I don't think I would have bought it if it wasn't in the Carmine Box! I quite like it though! ..x

 
At February 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM , Blogger gidders1 said...

Thanks for the comment, over on my blog. I've not tried this beauty box...love the eyeko stick. I would have been disappointed with the salts as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home