<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Long Post!: Weekend - Shellac, Cinema, Weddings, Mascara, Uggs.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Long Post!: Weekend - Shellac, Cinema, Weddings, Mascara, Uggs.


Feeling a little rubbish at the moment, so I’ve ditched uni – again. I thought I’d spend this free time doing something useful, so I’ll do a little run down of my weekend.

My friend Zoe came over on Friday and stayed with us for a few days. It was good to have someone else around as my boyfriend has exams so he’s been locked in the spare room glued to his Law books. As soppy as it sounds, I’m really proud of him as he’s worked really hard recently.

I mentioned before that I was on a diet and I’ve been really good over the weekend and lost 6.2lbs in the last four days. I’m sure it’s mostly water, but my scales show that body fat has reduced by 2% and my water has increased by 2.5%. I have noticed a bit of a difference in the mirror too so I’m feeling positive.


Since I’m not eating any carbohydrates I have to have oat bran everyday to keep me, ahem, regular. I’m now really addicted to having it as porridge everyday though as it’s delish! It’s my biggest treat and helps keep cravings at bay.


I’m really hoping to get to my goal, or at least be close, by the time my birthday rolls around in May as mine and my boyfriend’s birthdays are just five days apart so we were hoping to do something joint. Perhaps a party.

I'm pretty much the same size now as I was here so fingers crossed!
This is my FAVE Zara dress! <3 

I also want to make sure I’m a bit more body confident by June/July as my sister is getting married and she’s made me Maid of Honour. Since she’s also on a diet so she’s given me until April before we start buying the bridesmaid dresses but I’m starting to look around now. We have to buy the dresses ourselves so I’m hoping to spend no more than £150, but I’m not sure what the other girls’ budgets are. Anyone have any suggestions of where I could look??

My favourite!



I like these, but if anyone has suggestions then I’d be really grateful!

I’d been putting it off because I was feeling lazy, but on Saturday I went with mum and finally got my shellac redone, I got black this time and I love it! I’ve had different colours on my nails for the last four weeks and my nails are yet to break, so they’re the longest they’ve ever been. The shellac has made them really long and strong, making me wonder whether I should ever go back to normal varnish! It costs about £18 every few weeks but I don’t really indulge in much else so I’m considering making it a regular thing.


Sunday night Zoe and I went to the cinema and saw War Horse. I usually wouldn’t have seen a film like that but Zoe really wanted to so we decided to go and watch it. I’m so glad I gave it a chance though, as it was such a good movie! We both bawled all the way through the film as it’s so, so sad – but really, really good! I had to sit with my scarf under my eyes as my foundation turns to chocolate milk when I cry! :( But it was so, so worth it! Go and watch it!


Due to the diet I couldn’t indulge in all of my usual cinema treats – huge sweet popcorn, crisps, chocolate, or whatever. I had a high protein snack instead – a small packet of ham! It was really nice but a slightly strange cinema snack.



When we got back home we checked on my boyfriend who was still in the same place we left him – stuck in his books, bless him. Then we just sat in front of the TV, chit chatting and watching trash. We’re slightly addicted to Don’t Tell The Bride at the moment.

I’m totally in love with my Ugg Australia slippers and Starbucks mug that I got for Christmas – courtesy my lovely boyfriend and great friend Zoe. I <3 them both – the presents and the people!

 

And before I forget. Thanks to Rach-Cakes (check out her blog!) I bought Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara, which is absolutely amazing. I don’t usually wear mascara as I’ve got really short lashes and nothing seems to accentuate them, but this does. Found it on eBay, only £3.75 – absolute steal! So check it out and don’t forget to check out Rach-Cakes!


So that’s it. A nice relaxed weekend and now I’m planning to spend some time blog surfing and editing pictures of this lovely lady.



I also did a big H&M shop on the website, the sale section is amaze right now. I’ll do a big haul when everything finally arrives, as this post is mammoth already!

Did everyone have a good weekend? Anything fun planned for the coming one??

Lola ..x

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM , Blogger tinoftreats said...

Thanks for the mention lovely, I'm glad you like the mascara too!
Your nails look great, again! x

 
At January 25, 2012 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks! & no problem! =]

xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home