<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Foundation.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Foundation.



This is beauty arrived through the door yesterday. I don’t know what it is with me but I get really excited about receiving packages, even though I know what they are and that I’ve paid for them!



I’ve been a bit eBay mad recently though and splurged on so much stuff. But I have a few surprised in store soon though …

I don’t use liquid foundations because I used to have acne and I’m prone to horrible whitehead breakouts when I wear too much or sleep it in – which I sometimes do, unfortunately.

I use Bare Minerals Original foundation that I have to say is pretty amazing, it retails at £24 a tub but I managed to get it on eBay for just £10. Wahey! It was packaged really cute, too!


It’s really light and gives me a good coverage but still looks natural, which is really important to me, as I hate to look caked. It also doesn’t make me breakout, so to me it’s perfection.

Recently however I’ve been noticing dark circles, and my precious Bare Minerals doesn’t cover them as much as I’d like. So that’s where I’m hoping my new Maybelline Mineral Powder foundation will help me out.


I haven’t used it yet but did a little swatch and it seems decent enough so *hopefully* it will. I’ll do a full review once I’ve used it properly though.


Another beauty arrived this morning, which was my new MAC Kabuki brush.


MAC retails them at £32.50, but managed to bag a bargain on eBay (again!) for £10.50. My current brush is just a cheapo and keeps shredding so this one should be better.


Today is day three of my Instagram #FebPhotoADay challenge, but I haven’t taken my picture yet but here’s day one and day two:


Day One: My View

Day Two: Words

OH, and finally!



My beauty box intrigue is turning into an obsession – just ordered a Carmine box. Someone please help me, I’m turning into a monster!

Lola ..x

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 3, 2012 at 10:38 AM , Blogger rosie said...

i use the bare minerals foundation too. it's amazing isn't it? i find it much better than any liquid ones :-) never thought of trying to snag it on ebay though! x

 
At February 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM , Blogger es-jay said...

I'm actually intrigued by bare minerals and mineral foundations in general.

lovely blog

please check out mine, comment and follow if you like what you read :D

xoxox

www.es-jaymakeup.blogspot.com

 
At February 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Rosie I'm an absolute eBay addict! Have to sort through a lot of rubbish sometimes but always manage to find a bargain. You should definitely check it out for Bare Minerals stuff!

Es-Jay, I'd actually never considered them until a friend a uni recommended. Try them out, they're so good for your skin. Fell asleep in it the other day and no horrible breakouts like before.

Thanks for reading girlies!

xxxx

 
At February 13, 2012 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Giada Beauty said...

Lola! fab blog <3
I like your blog's layout & of course your blog posts :)
xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home