<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: February Carmine Box!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

February Carmine Box!



This months Carmine box was – in my opinion – a massive treat. I think a lot of people signed up after receiving a disappointing Glossy Box, and I think Carmine managed to pull the stops our for this one.

So...

IN THE BOX:

ANDREA FULERTON Nail Varnish in Julia. (Full size)
BALANCE ME Super Moisturising Body Wash (Full size)
STEAM CREAM Steam-infused moisturiser (Full size)
DIEGO DALLA PALMA Lipstick in shade 42
WHITE GLO Professional Choice Whitening Toothpaste
* YARDLEY LONDON Peony Fragrance *



As a few regular readers will know I’m newly converted to Shellac, having tried it at Christmas and been HOOKED since. Because of the shellac I kind of have no need for nail varnishes anymore as my polish lasts two weeks without chipping (if I’m not careless!) and keeps my nails long and strong. So the nail varnish, as nice as it is, wasn’t for me. I really loved the colour though and if I didn’t have the shellac I know I’d definitely use it! Worth £5.

My new shellac in 'Sacha'. Decided to get them cut down and go for something natural this time.


I’m quickly falling in love with all Balance Me products, having recently gotten the face oil in a beauty box and buying the Rose lip salve. I’m yet to use the body wash but this was probably my favourite item out of the whole box. I wouldn’t have discovered the brand if it hadn’t been for beauty boxes, which is part of the reason, I signed up in the first place. Retailing at £8 for 125ml I’d definitely repurchase. Yes, slightly premature since I haven’t used it, but judging by the other products I know I’ll love it.




I’m sure it was the Steamcream that was responsible for the February box selling out so quickly. The quirky tins were really cool and I love mine. I’m not sure how true it is but apparently Streamcream is the sister company of Lush. Even if it it’s not true I love the fact that this cream is made of steam and absorbs really well into my skin. It’s not the cheapest of moisturisers, it now retails at £12.95 (they’ve apparently hiked the price up from £10), but it definitely earns a place in my handbag.


I was really sad when I tried the lipstick today, as it really doesn’t suit me. You know when you eat a spag-bol that has a little too much oil in it and your lips go a funny colour? Yep, that. No offence to Diego Dalla Palma, as the lipstick smells amazing and you can instantly tell that it’s really moisturising, but the colour just wasn’t for me. The sample was really cute and if the colour was better suited to me then I’d buy the full size in a heartbeat!


I have a complete obsession with teeth. I feel really uncomfortable when I look into people eyes (not because I’m lying!) so I’m always looking at peoples’ mouths, and inadvertently their teeth. I get SO jealous when I see people with lovely pearly whites – even though I know my teeth aren’t yellow – so this product gave me a big toothy grin. Probably the last thing you’d expect in a beauty box, the White Glo toothpaste did receive mixed reactions but I personally quite like it. I can’t really see a difference in my teeth yet but I do like it so I will probably switch to this toothpaste once the sample is finished.

 
Last but not least the cute little bonus perfume put into the box. The Yardley London Peony fragrance smells really nice, if floral perfumes are your thing. Now as a bonus ‘gift’ I loved it – simply because I love free stuff. But also because it does smell nice. Carmine did well putting this in as a gift, but I’m glad it wasn’t in place of a sample or product. Would I purchase it? Probably not. I did appreciate the sentiment though.

Overall I’m really pleased with this box, I think Carmine hit the nail right on the head and got one over on GB!

Lola ..x

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Giada Beauty said...

geessss,, the other day i looked at their website (Steamcream) was £10.5 , previously was £10.0 , and now they increased to £12.95!? Sure Carmine has done a great promote for Steamcream! xx
p.s. Still waiting for my February Box :(

Chloe@GiadaBeauty

 
At March 5, 2012 at 1:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're still waiting? That's awful! Do you know if you're getting the Steamcream?

xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home