<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: February Glossy Box! ..

Thursday, March 1, 2012

February Glossy Box! ..


Before you read this post you have to promise not to judge me!

I have developed an addiction... to beauty boxes! I currently have three here that I’m about to blog about, and I’m still waiting for another one to arrive. It’s a habit I need to get under control, simply because I wont be able to afford to EAT pretty soon! BUT when you see all the amazing goodies I’ve been getting you’ll understand why.

First up is GlossyBox. Now there’s a lot of comment about Glossybox going around the blogosphere/twittersphere/[insert sphere here] about their boxes and they’ve been slated quite a bit. My box arrived later than a lot of the existing subscribers so I had a chance to see what people had gotten before I received mine. Suffice to say I was disappointed. I stopped using press-on nails when I was I got to double figures, so why would I want them now? 



However, when I did finally receive mine I was pleasantly surprised.



IN THE BOX:

BECCA Beach Tint in Watermelon
DR BRONNER Lavender Hand Sanitizer
AWAPUHI BY PAUL MITCHELL Wild Ginger Treatment Oil
BM BEAUTY Pure Mineral Eyeshadow in Pink
COMO SHAMBHALA Invigorate Shower Gel


The Becca Tint is undoubtedly my favourite in the box. It’s the full size product, worth £20 on it’s own. It’s a gorgeous pinky colour and actually smells like watermelon, which is great. I don’t really wear colour on my lips as I haven’t really found one that suits me (hopefully the Nivea one does!) but I wear a little bit of this on my lips underneath my Molton Brown Lip Saver for a bit of a soft pink hue.



I know a lot of people complained about the hand sanitizer but I think it’s okay. Granted it’s not a luxury item but it’s practical, and I think it’s a bit more chic than the usual hand gels. It’s the full size and worth £3.99, so it’s not all bad – right? I’m not overly keen on the lavender scent as it’s quite strong, but this’ll definitely be a handbag staple. Would definitely buy again, but in a different scent!

Love, love, love the Paul Mitchell oil. It’s a sample size at 25ml, but worth about £6.50 since the full size 100ml retails at £25.95. I think it’s less like a hair oil and more of a serum, but it makes my hair super soft and smooth when I apply it. I mainly use Moroccan Oil for my hair so I probably wouldn’t repurchase it.

I was disappointed with the eyeshadow mainly because it’s PINK, but also because I’d filled out my beauty profile and stated that I usually wear natural makeup. It’s slightly annoying that I’d gone through that process only to be sent something that I obviously wouldn’t use. Admittedly it looks better swatched than it does in the pot, but it’s still not for me. Full size eyeshadow is 2g and retails at £7, making this sample worth £3.50.



The Como Shambhala shower gel is the only product in the GB that I haven’t used. It’s really thick and has notes of mint and lavender but it’s not something that jumped out at me. 50ml sample is worth about £3.30 since the full size is £20/300ml, which is a bit too pricey for me.

I personally think that this box was pretty decent, it was worth about £37 and considering I paid £12 inc. postage I don’t think that’s too shabby! However, I do think it’s unfair that my box was this good and worth so much when others had boxes worth £14. Obviously I understand that GB will never be able to please everyone, and whilst I’m really pleased it’s not fair that the people who didn’t receive the Becca didn’t get something of equal value.

Did anyone else get a GB? How did you feel about yours?

Excited about the March box? Glossy Box and Harrods! [Insert 100 exclamation marks!] Seen a few spoilers and I’m tres excited. Was tempted to order two, but I wont overdo it!



Are you getting a March box?

Lola ..x

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 1, 2012 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Giada Beauty said...

Have you order two March Box?
I was thinking about to do the same, but then I changed my mind... Cant wait to receive the March Glossy Box xx
Chloe@GiadaBeauty

 
At March 3, 2012 at 4:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I still haven't decided yet. The spoilers look great but I don't want to get two rubbish boxes haha xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home