<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: WishTrend - Tosowoong Clean Pore Brush - Clarisonic Dupe?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Review: WishTrend - Tosowoong Clean Pore Brush - Clarisonic Dupe?

Hello, my name is Lola and I’m a scrub-aholic.

I absolutely a love a good facial scrub – and body too. But after talking to Grace from All That Slap about scrubs and hearing about how they can be counterproductive – abrasive scrubs can cause micro-tears which can make you more spot prone as bacteria can get inside and cause breakouts – I went in search of alternatives. Weirdly, I don’t really feel clean if I don’t get a bit of scrubbing action so recently I’ve been loving the Tosowoong Clean Pore Brush* from WishTrend.


With 310,000 fine, anti-bacterial, synthetic fur bristles; the brush is designed to give your skin a deep clean while still being gentle enough for daily use. The bristles are said to reach the places that our fingers can’t, allowing for a deeper, more effective cleanse.

I love how soft the bristles are. But I was doubtful that they’d really manage to do much since they’re soft. But I was wrong.


The bristles are really dense so they produce a nice lather, which means I use a lot less cleanser than usual.


I wouldn’t say that it’s revolutionalised my skincare regime, but when I use it regularly I do notice that the overall condition of my skin improves. I will admit however, sometimes I just can’t be bothered.

Now I’ve never used a Clarisonic before, but I’ve heard that the Tosowoong Clean Pore Brush is comparable and holds up well in terms of effectiveness.

It's supposed to be particularly brilliant for oily skin types, but I think it's suitable deep cleansing brush for all skin types.

Picture taken from the WishTrend website 

The only thing I didn’t like was that the instructions were all in Korean. Obviously it’s really simple to use, but details like when it should be changed, or care instructions would be nice.


Bottom line: I like it, but I think the claims are a bit far fetched. Eliminating impurities in pores? Hmm, perhaps not. Would I repurchase? I doubt it. Compared to the Clarisonic it’s a bargain, but at $25 it’s still slightly more than I’d be willing to spend on a facial brush, personally.


Tosowoong Clean Pore Brush is available from the WishTrend website, priced at $25.




Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At October 17, 2012 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous PamperedPrince said...

The bristles on this brush look so soft, I can imagine it feels really nice on the face. I might be a but biased (as I love my Clarisonic) but I'm not sure how it could be comparative as its manual. I guess it's the difference between manual toothbrush and sonic toothbrush. The Clarisonic & other similar brushes use sonic technology to 'vibrate' the dirt out of the pore. I'm not sure a manual brush could do this? I could be wrong though.
Considering the price though, it's definitely worth a try. The replacement brush heads for a Clarisonic cost about the same alone :(

 
At October 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM , Anonymous Brianna said...

Hmmmm. For that price, I might have to try that out.
But I gotta say, that my clarisonic is the business, and it's gonna be hard for me to love another product like it.

 
At October 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM , Anonymous Mez Patel said...

I've been meaning to try out a facial brush. Might take a look at the little body shop one x

 
At October 18, 2012 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous Glittertherose said...

Oh I like the sound of this, I have stayed away from the clairisonic because of so many people complaining about breakouts. By the way I love your nails here!

 
At October 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Ah thank you! Yeah I've heard a few bad things about the Clarisonic too. Don't know if I'm comfortable shelling out that much cash for it either!x

 
At October 21, 2012 at 11:58 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah I've heard that one is pretty good! Let me know how you get on with it!x

 
At October 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I think it's great if you usually use a flannel for your hands, but if you're used to using a Clarisonic then you might no like this as much! :) x

 
At October 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I've never used a Clarisonic before so I couldn't say. But I've read quite a few reviews on this brush and people have said that it holds up well against it. I think it's perhaps the number of bristles and the fact that they're very dense. But as I said I do think the claims are a bit far fetched, and I don't think it cleans as 'deeply' as the brand says it does xx

 
At November 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the review of our products again. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home