<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: NARS Sheer Lipstick in Damage

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Review: NARS Sheer Lipstick in Damage


As some of you may know, I made my first NARS purchases recently. NARS is a brand I’ve cooed over for a very long time but I’d never purchased because it’s quite pricey. Desperate for the Liberty London GWP, I took the plunge and I’m so pleased I did.


NARS Sheer Lipstick in Damage is a cool toned Plum shade, and although sheer it builds very easily. The texture is very smooth and it almost feels like a balm rather than a lipstick. I personally really like this as I find that some lipsticks can feel very dense and cakey.


On the lips it looks more pinkish than plum, but I think this is because my lips are naturally quite pigmented. It has a subtle shine, but it isn’t in your face so it’s perfect for daywear.


It lasts 3-4 hours without eating for drinking anything. Not the best lasting time, but I think it’s pretty decent.

I often pair it with my Chantecaille Luminous Lip Gloss in Guava, which I think adds an extra dimension and a luminous shine. It’s a lot pinker than the lipstick so the colour is nowhere near the ‘muted grape’ that Damage is described as, but very wearable.



Bottom line: It’s a gorgeous colour, on it’s own and accompanied with complimenting glosses. At £17.50 is quite pricey, so more of a treat than a regular splurge.


NARS Sheer Lipstick in Damage is available from the NARS website along with 27 other colours, priced at £17.50/3.4g.




Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

At October 24, 2012 at 11:30 AM , Anonymous sleepandwater said...

Beautiful colour on you :) Looks lovely paired with the gloss as well! I don't own any NARS lipsticks but I am eyeing Barbarella.

 
At October 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM , Anonymous Erin Kristensen said...

That shade totally suits you! I haven't actually gotten any NARS lipsticks; I'm the same as you, it has to be more of a treat than a regular purchase.










- Erin xo


365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

 
At October 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM , Anonymous Nattali said...

This is such a lovely shade on you! Also your lips look so conditioned - no winter dryness for you!


Lea x
http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

 
At October 24, 2012 at 6:10 PM , Anonymous Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Damage is so flattering on you :) Looks great for daily use!

 
At October 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM , Anonymous Alice said...

This looks gorgeous!

 
At October 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM , Anonymous jazzy beaar said...

Oooh what a lovely colour! It looks so nice on you!


jazzybeaar.blogspot.com

 
At October 24, 2012 at 10:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Barbarella is such a gorgeous colour. It'll really compliment your skin tone! Get it, get it! :) x

 
At October 24, 2012 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely, they're just so expensive. Curbing my usage as I'm worried I'll grind it down to a nub!x

 
At October 24, 2012 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nuxe Reve de Miel has been a lifesaver recently. Without it my lips would look like they've been covered in desiccated coconut! Haha xx

 
At October 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I love the fact that it's subtle enough to wear everyday!xx

 
At October 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks hun. It's my new favourite! :) x

 
At October 24, 2012 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're right that colour is amazing. Looks great on you! Adding that to my wish list :)
LaceyLoves

 
At October 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have some serious blog photo envy with you!! I love looking at your pictures. I agree with everyone love the colour although it is always annoying when the colour never looks like it does in the tube x

 
At October 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks lovely. Reading blogs is bad for your wish list - mine is as long as my arm at the moment! xx

 
At October 25, 2012 at 12:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ah thank you hun, that's so sweet. Yeah I do wish it was a little deeper :( xx

 
At October 25, 2012 at 1:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just stumbled upon your blog, great post & photos! I'm glad you're loving NARS, it's a great brand.

 
At October 25, 2012 at 4:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

such a dashing color on you! I need to make my way thru my supply of current glosses in order to try this one out!


-Nico


www.SatinAndSalt.com

 
At October 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a gorge colour! Nars is one of my favourite brands especially for lip products. I do find them pricey but the glosses are pretty pigmented. I love the packaging, can't say how many times I've dropped their products with no breakages. This colour is going on my list!!!
http://fairofface1986.blogspot.co.uk

 
At October 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Stunning on you. Absolutely gorgeous xo

 
At October 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous color. It looks like its easy to apply and moisturizing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home