<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Body Oil #TFWOC

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Review: Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Body Oil #TFWOC


I got the Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Body Oil a while back after feeling a bit inspired by the #TFWOC Project.

The oil is very lightweight and contains a really fine golden shimmer. It’s not a disco ball kind of shimmer either, so it’s perfect to use all over the body. I mainly use this on my legs, arms and décolletage for some added radiance. The shimmer is very subtle and works like a gorgeous body illuminator. Plus it’s not glittery at all, and it gives off a lovely bronzed glow.


It contains Community Fair Trade honey and beeswax, which both help to moisturise and soften the skin. But since it’s a dry oil it’s not the best ‘moisturiser’ to use alone, so I’d say it’s best to put it on top of your normal lotion.

The smell is probably what I love the most about this. It’s amazing. It’s quite floral and a little sweet, but with an exotic twist – I’m obviously not the best at describing scents. Don’t let the floral-ness put you off though; it’s less granny’s handbag and more sunny Caribbean beach.


I’ve heard that this is very similar to NARS Body Glow, but I’ve never tried it so I can’t comment on that. It’s definitely a huge amount cheaper though at just £16, compared to the £44 price tag with the NARS Body Glow.

My biggest peeve with this product is not the product itself but actually getting the product out of the bottle. Although it looks lovely, the glass bottle is a little impractical and the plastic stopper is useless. It’s so hard dispensing any oil without getting it everywhere, or hardly getting anything at all.


Bottom line: The smell is gorgeous, the shimmer is gorgeous and it’s WOC-friendly. What’s not to love?

Would I repurchase? Probably not. The way this one is going it looks as if it’ll last forever. Failing that then yes, I would definitely pick up another one.
  


The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Body Oil is available from The Body Shop – in store and online – priced at £16/100ml.




Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At October 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooo! That looks lovely! Shall add that to my Christmas wishlist!

Beth x
www.bethlovebeauty.com

 
At October 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hello

you can follow the link in my blog?

I participate in the contest. Thank you for your understanding. I love you ~ ~

http://katshe-i-can-change.blogspot.com/2012/10/blog-post.html

 
At October 30, 2012 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks nice - just from looking at it it reminds me of the Nuxe dry body oil but that is much more expensive coming in around £30. I tried that but I dont think its worth the money to be honest. This is much more pocket friendly!


xx

 
At October 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Whoa thats a serious saving from the Nars one. The packaging does look a little useless though :(

Lea x

http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

 
At October 30, 2012 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love TBS products though I've not yet tried this one out; I'm really curious as to how it'll look on my pale skin. Thanks for writing this review! :)

- Erin xo

365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

 
At October 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This looks lovely! I'm on the market for a new body oil, as my skin's getting really dry from the cold and I heard baby oil, which is what I'm using atm, isn't the best option. Thanks for this! xx

ferdies-place.blogspot.co,

 
At October 31, 2012 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great post...and now I really wnat the summer back!! Miss my gorgeous summer glow!

Would you mind checking out my blog? Would love to win you over as a follower (and I
don´t mind to return the favor)...✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com

 
At November 4, 2012 at 3:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah it's perfect for summer! :) x

 
At November 4, 2012 at 3:01 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This isn't a great body oil in terms of moisture. You're better off trying something like L'Occitane Skin Supple Oil, REN Moroccan Oil, or a thick lotion to combat dry skin. This is great on top though! Gives a really lovely glow :) x

 
At November 4, 2012 at 3:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I've seen some pale skin swatches and it looks lovely, it's very adaptable so definitely give it a go! :) x

 
At November 4, 2012 at 3:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah that's my biggest gripe with it, so annoying to get a decent amount out!x

 
At November 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely more pocket friendly, especially if you get it when they've got a deal running!x

 
At November 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You definitely should, I can't get enough of the stuff!x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home