<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: #LiveBloggers Review: Nip + Fab Pistachio Sundae Body Butter

Saturday, October 27, 2012

#LiveBloggers Review: Nip + Fab Pistachio Sundae Body Butter

Back again with another LiveBloggers review, this time it’s the Nip + Fab Pistachio Sundae Body Butter*.


As someone with dry skin I absolutely love body butters, body oils and dense moisturisers, so when I saw this I thought that I’d fall in love with it. Body Shop body butters are definitely favourites of mine so I assumed they’d be similar.

Consistency wise, Pistachio Sundae is gorgeously thick. The green colour did put me off somewhat, I mean, it doesn’t look tempting does it?


If the colour wasn’t bad enough, the smell is; I really don’t find it pleasant. I didn’t think that pistachios really had a scent so I’m guessing it’s artificial (?!). I personally think it smells like biscuits and nuts – in a bad way. I tested it (against my better judgement!) and after 10 minutes I had to jump back in the shower, as the smell just seemed to intensify. In any other scent I’d love that – Mango Smoothie, Cherry Tarte, Coconut Latte? Yes please. Pistachio Sundae? No, ta.

Aside from the scent the body butter itself is pretty darn good. It contains mineral oil, which I’m really not a fan of, so for that reason I probably wouldn’t buy any of the other scents. But that’s mainly because I tend to avoid mineral oil as I don’t think it has any skin benefits and I prefer rich, natural oils on my skin.

Whilst this is a pretty negative review, don’t be put off by it. If you’re not so fussed about the ingredients then definitely give the range a whiff as they smell gorgeous.

Bottom line: It’s just not by cup of tea. I wouldn’t repurchase, but I don’t take my opinion as gospel as it all boils down to personal preference.  


Nip + Fab Pistachio Sundae Body Butter is available from Boots and Feel Unique, priced at £8.49/200ml. Other scents in the range include Mango Smoothie, Cherry Tarte and Coconut Latte.




Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At November 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I recently received this as much as it's really good , I also think the scent is a bit off putting :(

 
At November 4, 2012 at 3:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah definitely. It's a marmite scent - you either love it or hate it! :) x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home