<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: #TFWOC Project Week #6 - Vita Liberata pHenomenal Long Lasting Tan Mousse in Dark Review

Saturday, November 3, 2012

#TFWOC Project Week #6 - Vita Liberata pHenomenal Long Lasting Tan Mousse in Dark Review


Before I start this review I just want to apologise to Annie & LaaLaa for being SO behind with this write up, I’ve been so busy with planning #BBloggers Christmas!


Anyway, last week’s #TFWOC was Vita Liberata pHenomenal Long Lasting Tan Mousse*. This tan contains ‘a special combination of natural nourishing extracts’ and is 100% paraben, perfume and alcohol free. All winning points for me, but most probably the reason for the hefty £37.50 price tag.


This is the only tan that lasts up to three weeks (according to Vita Liberata!), which is think is great if you’re a tan addict or like to keep your tan topped up.

The product pumps out a frothy, brown mousse that’s generally pretty easy to apply. (Ignore the colour on the mitt; the camera was having an off day it seems!)


The first thing I noticed about the tan was that it smells. It’s really unpleasant. It reminds me a lot of silly string, almost quite rubbery I think. I appreciate that people don’t like perfumed products (I personally love them), but to be perfume free I think your product needs to be completely unscented. Well that’s my opinion anyway.

In terms of colour I didn’t find that it did a lot for my dark skin. On lighter skin tones I think the pay of would be amazing, but on me not too great. It definitely deepened my skin tone, but the colour is quite flat as there was no ‘glow’ after application. I only applied one layer at first but when I applied the second layer the colour didn’t really intensify.


By the next day I found that the colour just wasn’t vibrant at all. In fact it had pretty much disappeared, and when I got in the shower whatever was left on my arms just washed off. Now I’m not blaming this all on the tan, it could have been application issues too but I know a few other girls on the project also had issues with it lasting.

I tried it again a week later and found that it lasted a bit better if I applied the coats with 24hrs or so in between, over the course of 2-3 days. This way the colour did last longer – not 3 weeks, but 7 days later I could still see traces of it on my arms.

Bottom line: Again, I’m on the fence. I think if you sit in the pale-medium range on the skin tone spectrum then it’s perfect for you. The colour, the longevity, the streak-free application – all winners. But not for WOC. The scent is horrid so I think it’s best to apply in the evening before bed so it has time to settle in. at £37.50 for just 125ml I think it’s really expensive for what it is, but if you’re in the market for a more natural tanning product then it’s probably worth the price tag.
  

Vita Liberata pHenomenal Long Lasting Tan Mousse comes in Fair, Medium and Dark and is available to purchase from the Vita Liberata website for £37.50/125ml. The Vita Liberata range is also stocked in larger Boots stores.




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home