<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Review: Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask

Most of my regular readers will know how much I love facemasks, be it Sudocrem, clay or even a cheeky sheet mask.

So when I found myself roaming around the Covent Garden Lush store a few weeks ago, I knew that I couldn’t just walk past the fresh facemask section without picking something up. The lovely guy in Lush said Cupcake would be great for my oily combination, and given that it smells exactly like chocolate I just had buy it.

What Lush say:
Cupcake fresh face mask has a rhassoul mud and cocoa powder base, which is a fantastic for absorbing dirt and the build-up of oil that causes acne.
The serious side of this mask has linseed infusion to nourish and soften the skin, fresh mint for toning, cocoa butter to moisturise and rhassoul mud to absorb grease and give a deep cleanse.

I almost want to hack into the Lush website and amend the description to
'Buy this mask if you’re desperate to wake up with a full-blown break out.' 
I really wasn’t impressed with it. It smelt lovely, and although it was a little pastey it applied okay too. But when I Instagrammed a picture of myself with the mask on, someone commented that she’d tried it and it broke her out.

Now I read reviews all of the time, and I don’t let negative reviews put me off trying things – most of the time anyway. So what she said didn’t really worry me. So many people love Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, but I wouldn’t use it on my deathbed – so it’s definitely fair to say that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure, or in this case – beauty blogger’s trash! Anyway, I digress.

Chocolate face + Chocolate mask = Freddy Krueger 

I generally apply masks in the evening; I find that they do wonders for my skin overnight, and although I don’t drink alcohol I can image that it’d be nice to lie back with a facemask and a glass of wine. So I applied this mask, left it on for about 10 minutes, rinsed, moisturised and went to bed. When I woke up my face looked like the Spot Fairy had visited it during the night. In fact, it looked like the Spot Fairy visited, liked what she saw and camped out! I was covered in whiteheads.

Really not impressed.

In the name of beauty blogging I decided to give it another try – but when I checked it was out of date. I love the fact that it’s fresh, but I was a tad annoyed that I couldn’t try it again.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Lush. Their cleansers are amazing, but Cupcake? No bueno.

If you’re crazy enough to want to try this (joke! – kinda) then Cupcake is available from Lush, in store and online priced at £5.95 for 75g.



Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At August 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM , Anonymous Shopping Obsession said...

I was excited for a second when you mentioned it smells exactly like chocolate. I have oily combination skin too but if it breaks outs, no thanks, as much as I love chocolate scented products. Thanks for the heads' up!

 
At August 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I know, I loved the smell and hoped that it would be amazing on my skin. Alas, it wasn't! I know some people love it but it was awful on my skin. :(

 
At August 2, 2012 at 1:38 AM , Anonymous Erin@FaceDesign said...

I ALMOST bought this today at Lush! So glad I didn't Lola! I purchased Cosmetic Warrior instead based on SEVERAL positive reviews...smells awful but fingers crossed! Xo Erin

 
At August 2, 2012 at 1:55 AM , Anonymous 3lin said...

this review is really great. i really wish this product is available at my country....
3lin

 
At August 2, 2012 at 9:45 AM , Anonymous Hannah said...

I hate the fact that the Lush face masks go out of date so quikly! I'm not even sure if it actually matters :/
I love your writing style!
Hannah x confessioncloset.blogspot.com

 
At August 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous Grace said...

Oh goodness- how awful! I am so sorry it broke you out! I get that a lot with products. Thanks for saving me from having the same thing -darn face mask! Thanks Lola xx

 
At August 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM , Anonymous Rachel @ treatparty said...

I didn't think it smelt anything like chocolate! And it made my face feel tight and itchy, a terrible mask really x

 
At August 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Anonymous Mali said...

I really want to try a Lush face mask but I'm so frightened of my skin having a hissy fit - will steer clear of this one! x

 
At August 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM , Anonymous Nicki Robbins said...

I used to think I was the only person in the Blogging community that hated Liz Earle C&P haha, I have the same skin type as you and I tend to stay away from anything that contains cocoa butter on my face as it usually just clogs my pores xx

 
At August 5, 2012 at 9:20 PM , Anonymous Sarah Harradine said...

WHAT. That looks like Nutella! What a shame it made you break out, could you spread it on toast instead..??
X

 
At November 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry your experience with this was bad! I haven't tried this out. Might not anymore!

Amber Mae http://diclonii.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home