<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Simple Kind To Lips Intensive Lip Moisturiser

Monday, July 23, 2012

Review: Simple Kind To Lips Intensive Lip Moisturiser



I’m a complete lip balm addict. I don’t have a huge collection, but I’ve got enough to last me a while let’s say. But whilst I have so many, I’m really fussy with what I use on a daily basis. I didn’t realise that Simple produced lip balms, but I was dying to try one when I found out. Queue Simple Kind To Lips Intensive Lip Moisturiser*.


I love the applicator; it’s hygienic and means that I can apply it on the go without a mirror. Although, some of it tends to get in the seal so bits of lint stick to it in your bag – which is why I keep mine in my lip balm bag, yes I’m sad.


This product reminds me a lot of my Dr Lipp Nipple Balm For Lips – reviewed here – but it’s not as thick – and suitable for veggies. I’d say that it’s like a gloss/balm hybrid. It has the texture and consistency of a gloss, but when you apply it it’s very balmy with a glossy finish.

This is what a thin layer looks like applied on my lips. My lips were a wee bit flaky before I applied this so you can see how it has added a lot of moisture and enhanced my natural lip colour slightly too.

  
It lasts quite well, probably around 2-3 hours before you need to reapply – even through eating and drinking. I like to apply it at night if my lips have gotten particularly dry throughout the day, and it’s always still there in the morning. This was sent to me about two weeks ago and I’ve used it religiously since.

I tried using this underneath my lipstick to see how it fared as a primer, and let’s just say it’s not primer material. However I found that it was perfect for those lipsticks that really don’t suit me.

Here’s what I mean …

The left is Elizabeth Arden in Ginger alone – hideous on my skin tone, and the right is Ginger applied over the Simple Lip Moisturiser. It dilutes the colour enough to make it wearable.

  
The left is bareMinerals Pretty Amazing Lip Colour in Confidence. I love it but it’s way too bold and doesn’t last well if I blot it. The right is Confidence applied over the balm.

  
The left is Collection in Coffee Break, a very shimmery brown but too orangey for me. The right is applied over the balm, the camera hasn’t picked it up but it gives a really subtle shimmer.


Bottom line: It’s a must-have in any lip balm/makeup bag!

You can buy Simple Kind To Lips Intensive Lip Moisturiser from Superdrug at the bargain price of £1.49.





Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At July 23, 2012 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous beautybymissl said...

Great review! A good lip balm is really a must have!

 
At July 23, 2012 at 3:21 PM , Anonymous K. said...

I'm a lip balm addict too:D I'd really like to try this! And I love how it can make hard to wear shades more wearable xoxo

 
At July 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM , Anonymous Divi Beauty said...

Hi Lola, would you have an idea if this lip balm is based on petroleum jelly?

 
At July 23, 2012 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Lea said...

Great review! I love a good lip balm :)

Lea x

http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

 
At July 24, 2012 at 4:31 AM , Anonymous lolastarhearts said...

It contains paraffinum liquidum, so if you don't like to use products that contain mineral oil then I'd give this a miss! :)


Lola ..x

 
At July 24, 2012 at 4:32 AM , Anonymous lolastarhearts said...

Definitely! They're my weakness! x

 
At July 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous sleepandwater said...

That's so neat that it makes hard to wear colours more soft and flattering :)

 
At July 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM , Anonymous Glorinha said...

We love your blog is wonderful and will always be here giving all the news.
We wish you much peace and love all the success in the world.
We have a campaign Google +1 and we appreciate your participation.
http://sbrincos.blogspot.com.br
Kisses Glorinha and Brazil

 
At August 20, 2012 at 11:32 PM , Anonymous Samantha Marriott said...

Really want to try this out now! Great blog, i'm following.
caperepulchra.blogspot.com
xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home