<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner

Friday, July 13, 2012

Review: Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner


A couple of months ago Ojon had a Facebook deal where you got £50 worth of products and free delivery with any order – an offer I couldn’t refuse! I got their Damage Reverse Restorative Shampoo & Conditioner along with a few other goodies.

I’d never actually tried any Ojon products before, but I was eager to as the company boast of their products having natural ingredients that are free of parabens, mineral oils, paraffin and lots of other nasties. (Although the shampoo still contains SLS)

I chemically straighten my hair every 5-6 weeks which is very abrasive and has damaged my hair no end. However, as any bleaching fiends will know, it’s not something you can just stop so the cycle will always continue. I’m always on the look out for products to help repair my hair and had high hopes for this shampoo and conditioner. However, I personally found it as useful as a chocolate teapot.

The products themselves smell lovely. They remind me of being sat on a beach with an exotic drink in hand and absolutely nothing to do – in a good way. They’re pleasant enough to use too. I only wash my hair about once a week so I always need to lather and rinse a couple of times, but I found the shampoo overly drying. The conditioner was okay and felt like it put a bit of moisture back in my hair, but it still felt ‘stripped’.

I can never dry my hair naturally; I’m a frizzball so I blow dry once a week after washing. Once my hair was dry it felt like straw. It was horrible. I had to pack it with serums, oils and leave-in conditioners for it to feel like actually hair again.

I know price doesn’t equal quality, but £40 for shampoo and conditioner to me is disgustingly expensive and Ojon must have had a reason to value them at £20+ each. So the week after I gave it another try. And again, I stood in front of the mirror blow-drying straw.

I really tried with this, I really did but they seemed more like shampoo and conditioner for oily hair not dry/damaged.

Honestly speaking I liked the conditioner, so on my hair it does the job when coupled with a different shampoo. Having said that, I wouldn’t pay all of that money for a product that’s just ‘okay’, there are lots of cheaper conditioner alternatives and much better shampoos.

Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Shampoo & Conditioner are available from the Ojon website and are priced at £20 and £21.50 respectively. 

Have you tried this range? What did you think?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home