<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Botanicals Rose & Camellia Organic Body Oil

Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: Botanicals Rose & Camellia Organic Body Oil

About: “We blend organic rosa mosqueta and jojoba oils - to nourish and revitalise the skin - with white tea extract - selected for its powerful anti-oxidant properties. This natural body oil is ideal for revitalising dry and mature skin. Also perfect as after-sun oil. When applied to damp skin, Botanicals body oils are particularly effective in retaining essential moisture and hydrating the skin. Exquisite floral fragrance.” 

 Price: Available in 50ml & 100ml bottles. 50ml/£12.50 – 100ml/£15.95 

 As someone who suffers with very dry skin, I always tend to opt for oils over conventional moisturisers, for the longevity. On my dark skin, dry patches are obvious from a mile away so it’s important that my body oil lasts all day. 

 I’ve found that if I apply products to damp skin, it starts to look dull after a couple of hours. This is why I choose to dry naturally after my shower everyday, so I can rehydrate my skin and lock in the moisture. 

 However, I decided to follow the instructions on the Botanicals Rose & Camellia Organic Body Oil* and applied it to my skin just immediately after my shower. It took slightly longer than usual for my body to dry, which I didn’t mind too much because it gave me plenty of time to do my hair and makeup. A little goes a long way so I only used a small amount on my whole body. 

 Once I was dry I noticed that my skin was soft and smooth, and there was no oily residue left behind. Since I’d applied it to damp skin I honestly didn’t have high hopes for the product even lasting long enough for me to head down to the supermarket, however I was really shocked when six hours later my skin still looked as fresh as it did when I first applied the oil. 

 My biggest issue with the oil is that it smells. Not enough to make me not what to use it, but enough that I could potentially pick up something else instead. The scent isn’t completely unpleasant; it’s quite ‘herby’ – although that’s something to be expected from a product that’s 100% natural. However it’s not a strong smell and doesn’t last long on the skin; a quick spritz of perfume and it’s covered. Also, I don’t like the fact you have to pour the oil, as it can get a little messy. A pump or spray would have been better and there would be less waste. 

 Would I buy it? I’m not sure. I think it’s perfect for taking on holiday (and locking in your tan!) but it’s not something I’d use on a daily basis. 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM , Anonymous Lea said...

At this point I'm willing to give anything a shot to help with the eczema on my arms! I'm really into trying oils to help at the moment so this is going on the list!

Lea xhttp://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home