<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Botanicals Chamomile Clay Face Mask

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Review: Botanicals Chamomile Clay Face Mask

I love a good facemask and if I had my way I’d do one every night. I love how they make my skin feel – well, the good ones at least – so I was really eager to try the Botanicals Chamomile Clay Face Mask*. As facemasks go it’s not a bad one, but it’s not as therapeutic as others I’ve tried.

The mask is green in colour and has completely natural and organic ingredients, which is somewhat important to me when it comes to putting products on my face. It applied like a thick paste and only a small amount was needed to cover my whole face. I put on some cucumber eye patches and relaxed on the sofa while The Boy played football, but I couldn’t relax for very long …

The mask is made with natural oils that are solid when cool, but when they warm up they obviously loosen and melt slightly. Now I don’t know if you’ve experienced what it feels like to have a facemask melting on your face, but it’s not exactly pleasant. I couldn’t relax at all. The mask felt like it was dripping off of my face – although in actual fact it wasn’t.

Excuse the awful iPhone picture!

After about 10 minutes I was fed up, totally un-relaxed and ready to wash it off. I usually give my face a thorough rinse after a mask, but this one felt a bit heavy on my oily skin so I used a face wash.

BUT I can’t describe how hydrated my skin felt after this mask. I wanted to hate it, I was sure that the results would reflect the whole experience, but fortunately they didn’t. I’d say that this mask is perfect for people with really dry skin, or for freshening up your skin during the winter months.

Bottom line: if you’re after this …
… then this is not the mask for you.
But if you want fresh, hydrated skin then I’d definitely give it a shot.

The Chamomile Clay Mask is available in the Face Care Try Me Set 2 on the Botanicals website for £9.50



Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At July 22, 2012 at 6:50 AM , Anonymous beautybymissl said...

Great review. I also love good face masks!

 
At July 22, 2012 at 7:09 AM , Anonymous Nic Tokyo said...

Hi, you have such a lovely blog! I'm following you now, am going to read your old posts from now! :)

http://nicoleintokyo.blogspot.jp/

 
At July 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Lizee Barry said...

Interesting review! I'm testing out their skin polish during the week so it will be interesting to see how it compares! xx

 
At July 22, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Anonymous lolastarhearts said...

Look forward to seeing it! :) x

 
At July 22, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Anonymous lolastarhearts said...

Thanks lovely. You've got a great blog x

 
At July 22, 2012 at 11:20 AM , Anonymous lolastarhearts said...

They're the best. So addictive! x

 
At July 22, 2012 at 1:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, where did you get your social media tags from at rw bottom of your posts?

Ellen

 
At July 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM , Anonymous alex said...

uh, I have never heard of this brand before, I need to check it out. Thanks for sharing :)

fashion-olic.blogspot.co.uk

 
At July 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM , Anonymous Nattali said...

You have great skincare posts, I really enjoy them!


Lea x
http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

 
At July 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM , Anonymous Joyce said...

Thanks for the review. I also prefer a mask that's not too oily since i have combo skin.

keep in touch :)
-Joyce

Do you like beauty products?
We're holding a giveaway @ carouselstreet.com

 
At July 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM , Anonymous kirsty said...

may just give this a go x

 
At July 23, 2012 at 11:55 PM , Anonymous Anna Sanders said...

Love this post! I don't do relaxing face masks at home, mine tend to be heavy duty scubs and moisturisers. I think a drippy paste might be up my street if it works this well x


http://life-of-a-london-intern.blogspot.co.uk/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home