<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Curl Harmony Intensive Repair Deep Conditioner and Buttercream

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Review: Curl Harmony Intensive Repair Deep Conditioner and Buttercream



As much as I’m into skincare and looking after my skin and such, I really neglect my hair. Not on purpose, but I don’t have a hair routine as I have a facial and body routine. However I do really try to keep my dry, brittle tresses as hydrated as possible, especially with conditioners, balms and serums.

I recently received some lovely items from Curl Harmony and have been using them for the last few weeks. First up is the Curl Harmony Intensive Repair Deep Conditioner*.


It contains lots of ingredients that are great for your hair and is designed to strengthen and moisturise. I absolutely love intensive moisturisers and had high hopes for this, but unfortunately it just didn’t do it for me. I imagined that it’d be very similar to the Macadamia Deep Repair Masque but it falls very short.


It’s gorgeously thick and smells lovely but it didn’t really leave my hair feeling very moisturised. It wasn’t awful but with words such as ‘intensive’ and ‘repair’ in the name you expect it to be a bit more impressive than a regular conditioner. I think it would suit all hair types as a mid-week pick-me-up, but not so much as an intensive treatment. 

The winner for me was the Curl Harmony Buttercream*, which is all kinds of amazing. I’ve said it many times; multi-use products are just brilliant and this didn’t fail to impress me. I used it as pre-shampoo treatment, a hot oil treatment, when my hair was feeling like straw and also just after I’d blow-dried it and it was looking a bit ‘fluffy’.


The buttercream contains coconut oil, shea butter, olive butter, mango butter, avocado oil – need I continue? It’s so rich and smells absolutely gorgeous and has seriously been my hair saviour this winter. It also works as a nice ‘glosser’ when you warm a little in your hands and run it through your hair.


It’s quite heavy so I’d say it’s only suitable for the driest of hair or Afro hair – but I can’t recommend it highly enough.

Curl Harmony Intensive Repair Deep Conditioner and Buttercream are available from the Curl Harmony website, both priced at £4.95/60ml and £14.50/250ml.






Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 13, 2013 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have a big thing for hair masques at the moment. I do find some leave my hair too flat, but I know not to use them often, This sounds good x

 
At January 13, 2013 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I always neglect my hair too, which is silly considering how much attention i pay to my skin and nails!

I am however a huge fan of the macadamia oil hair mask, and would buy it again as soon as my ban is finished!

http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At January 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's funny how we can spend so much on our skin but completely forget hair! Haha.


I like the Macadamia masque, but I found it a bit too moisturising xx

 
At January 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah they can be a little heavy. This one is fairly light though, so it's not the best intensive treatment, but a decent daily conditioner!x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home