<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: 2013 Date Nights: Introduction

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Date Nights: Introduction


date night ideas 2013 lolastar hearts
Image taken from Etsy. Edited by me. 

Happy New Year! 

In case you missed it, last year yesterday I did my New Year Resolutions post and two of my resolutions were to do more lifestyle posts and go on more date nights with my boyfriend. So I’ve decided to merge the two and do ‘2013 Date Nights’.

Faye from Tales & Tea ingeniously came up with ‘2012 dates’ for her and her husband last year and as soon as I read the post I was eager to do it too. My boyfriend didn’t say no but he wasn’t exactly as excited as I was. But this year I’ve planned it properly and adapted Faye’s idea a little.

Now in a perfect world most nights would be date night, but unfortunately we’re people with dissertations and jobs and commitments and things that just get in the way. We’re lucky enough to be able to spend a lot of time together, so movie nights or TV marathons aren’t the issue. The lack of going out and spending the day having unadulterated fun is the issue.

We wrote down 12 things we’d never done before (or things we don’t do often!) and popped them in a hat bowl. My mum then picked them out of the bowl to decide what order we’d be doing them in throughout the year. The activities were things like spending the afternoon in an arcade, going to the London Aquarium, making kites and flying them in the park – just general fun things that we don’t really make time for.

date night ideas lolastar hearts blogdate night ideas lolastar hearts blog

Instructions for each monthly date night were put into envelopes and sealed, so we’ll be opening each envelope at the beginning of each month and setting aside one day to complete the activity. And obviously I’ll be sure to blog about each date night and let you know how we’re doing.

date night ideas lolastar hearts blog
date night ideas lolastar hearts blog
date night ideas lolastar hearts beauty blog dates
date night ideas lolastar hearts beauty blog dates

Since it’s just the 1st there’s still time to get involved, it’ll be nice to read about some other couples committing to 2013 date night!

Do you do ‘date nights’?






Labels:

31 Comments:

At January 1, 2013 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Aww, this is cute! Me and the ex used to do date nights/days out, I really like doing new and different things. One thing we used to do a lot is try out new restaurants, using voucher apps giving buy one get one frees/discounts on places. We're both foodies at heart, and managed to save money AND try new places!

 
At January 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

this is a lovely idea :) have a lovely time! xx

 
At January 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a fab idea! I can't wait to see your posts throughout the year on this xx

 
At January 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this! Such a cute idea! xx

 
At January 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a fab idea! we have 'date nights' but there not anything extaordinary, just things like a meal or maybe a movie... they happen once a year if im lucky.. lol Im going to show my husband this now! xo

 
At January 1, 2013 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is SO cute Lola! I wish I could get my other half to agree to stuff like this - with us not driving it might not be easy though :(

 
At January 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

read this post on Rachel's recommendation then shared it with my hubi. His response was I like flying kites and playing in arcades... me & he need to get organised with a similar plan, thanks for sharing... love the post & the pictures xx

 
At January 1, 2013 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this! Now I just have to find a partner! ;)

 
At January 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a cute idea! I wish I had discovered this sooner, but my Fiance and I will definitely be doing this! Love your blog from the US!
http://ravinreview.blogspot.com/

 
At January 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! I'm in a long distance relationship so this would help us actually do something when we finally get time alone together! x

http://lifehighslowsandgarb.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At January 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi This blog is really nice. The whole idea of date night is really sweet, i should suggest it to my hubby. xx

www.annanuttall.com

 
At January 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is such a cool idea. Would do take part (if I had a fella lol). But nevertheless, still a great idea :).

 
At January 7, 2013 at 4:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

aww, that's so cute! such an amazing idea! :D


<3, Mimi

 
At January 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

what a wonderful idea, may have to do this with my bf! x

http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk/



let me know if you want to "swap" being followers xx

 
At January 9, 2013 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

How exciting is this idea! Would love to do this too :))

xoxo,
Angel
Angel was
here!

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I'm really excited about it! :) x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You definitely should! :) x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Mimi, I'm super excited!x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha! Caz you should do it yourself every month, make sure you have at least one day of pampering and you-time!x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooo please do! Would be great to hear about others doing it!x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh wow that must be really difficult?! Would be a lovely idea for you guys since you don't get to spend a lot of time together!x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks lovely. Let me know if you and your hubby do it, would be great to read about it!x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha I'm afraid I'll have to vet him first to make sure he's good enough! ;) x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha it's really just an excuse for us to be kids for the day! It'll definitely be great to do though. My boyfriend and I are really looking forward to it!x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you'll be doing it Rachel, excited to read about your first date!x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Haha same here! Hopefully this'll make him a bit more spontaneous and we'll end up having more than one date night a month!x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks sweetie!x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks so much lovely :) x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I will try my hardest haha! Thanks lovely x

 
At January 12, 2013 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooo that's actually a really good idea. May have to incorporate that somehow!x

 
At January 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i wish you very very happy new year

http://www.unitech-vistas-gurgaon.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home