<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Body Shop Beautifying Oil Cocoa Butter

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Review: Body Shop Beautifying Oil Cocoa Butter

I always harp on about how much I love multi-use products, so when Body Shop were doing one of their insane deals a little while back, I though it would be a crime not to pick this puppy up.

I love body oils and multi-use products are most definitely my ‘thang’ so something that combines both of them is a winner in my eyes.


I played it safe and bought it in ‘cocoa butter’ as it’s one of my favourite scents. It has got quite a thin consistency and is very light to the touch.

Since it claims to be for the face, body and hair – here’s my verdict:

Face
Even though it’s light I wouldn’t dare use this on my face. I’m oily enough as it is so this has no place on my face (Ha, that rhymed!).

Body
I’ve got disgustingly dry skin. Like really, really dry. Like, you can scratch out a game of noughts and crosses on my skin if I don’t moisturise after my shower, kind of dry. This definitely gives my skin the burst of moisture it needs, but it doesn’t last all day. After about 6-7hours the subtle shine is replaced with the familiar ash-grey of rhino skin. However, if I use the oil to seal a body lotion then it prolongs the shine and the oils moisturising properties.

Hair
I’ll admit I was reluctant to use this in my hair. I mean, what can a dry oil really do for your hair? But I eat my words, the beautifying oil really beautfies my hair – sorry I just had to. It adds a nice shine to my lacklustre hair. It also smoothes down my split ends – which is always a plus, right?


What I don’t like? It needs a pump. The hole in the cap is tiny, which makes it really difficult to get any out. The bottle isn’t really a ‘squeezy’ one so I’ve had to resort to shaking it like a ketchup bottle to get some out. Messy, messy, messy.

Bottom line: This is a great all-rounder so I’d definitely recommend it. And I’ll definitely buy it again – but not at full price. I’d wait until another deal came up before buying. 


You can buy Body Shop Beautifying Oil directly from The Body Shop, in store or online priced at £9/100ml.



Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At August 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM , Anonymous Valerie Paige said...

I'm a combo-product lover as well! I've seen this around and wondered if it actually works for the face, body, AND hair. Although, I think I would do the same as you and only use it on my body and hair. -I'm also a fan of cocoa butter. :-)

 
At August 22, 2012 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous F L said...

I loved this too! It's great on my oh so dry skin.
www.smallpursebigwardrobe.blogspot.com

 
At August 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

If you like cocoa butter then you'll love the smell of this! :) xx

 
At August 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

Yeah it definitely gives my skin a nice glow! x

 
At August 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM , Anonymous Danielle said...

Think I really need to try this. I have a huge love for any thing Cocoa Butter and my body is always feeling dry too. Will be adding this one to my wishlist xx


www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

 
At August 23, 2012 at 2:55 AM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

It smells amazing, you'll definitely love it! xx

 
At August 23, 2012 at 12:41 PM , Anonymous joanna said...

Like always,I'm gonna go say that the actual cocoa oil is sooo much better. I have a pot I always use,but this looks like a good alternative


http://thetreasurechestt.blogspot.com

 
At August 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous sweetymakeupcandy said...

Hello Lola, your blog is the most interesting I follow, many compliments.
I love the body shop products but the online site in Italy there are never really cheap discounts.
thanks for talking about this oil, see you soon.


on my blog there is a new Giveaway giving away a lot of nice things and also a Chanel lipstick
http://sweetymakeupcandy.blogspot.it/

 
At August 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

I'm not a huge fan of using coconut oil on my body, but definitely on my hair - it's a great treatment! :) x

 
At August 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Anonymous Suzy Hearts Beauty said...

I want to try some more of these oils. I have the strawberry one and it's great, I love the smell of it! x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home