<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Purely Natural Skin Acne Treatment - Acne Cleanser & Mask

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review: Purely Natural Skin Acne Treatment - Acne Cleanser & Mask

Before I start this review I just want to make it clear that I don’t have acne. I used to have it when I was a teenager but now I have oily, blemish-prone skin. I do however have hormonal problems that cause breakouts from time to time that seem almost resistant to any products I put on them.


For the last couple of weeks I’ve been using the Purely Natural Skin Acne Treatment* religiously. The treatment consists of a cleanser and mask, to be used daily and weekly respectively.

The products are exactly what they say on the tin – natural. A gentleman called Dean who suffered with severe acne for several years founded Purely Natural Skin. With a few lifestyle changes and the help of the Acne Cleanser he was able to get rid of his acne problems.

The Cleanser
  

The cleanser arrived in a solid ball and smelled exactly like lemon curd. The ground almonds and essential oils make it very crumbly, like a loose biscuit mixture. I’m also guessing that they’re what give it a relatively short shelf life.


I really love this cleanser. It makes my face feel fresh and clean, which is strange for me as I always need something quite scrubby to really get that fresh feeling after cleansing.

I usually break off a piece of the cleanser, mix it with a few drops of water into a paste and smooth it over my face and neck. The cleanser emulsifies when you add water, and turns into a milky, almondy paste.


My only real issue with this cleanser is that due to the tub and it’s crumbly form it’s not the ideal shower companion. I found myself having to break a piece off before getting into the shower, which can be a little annoying. I also found it difficult to fit into my skincare regime at night, as it’s not the greatest cleanser to use to remove makeup.

The Mask
  

The mask is my favourite mask, ever. When it first arrived and I opened the tub to be greeted by a powder, I did find it a bit strange. And admittedly, the first time I used it I wasn’t really pleased that I pretty much had to make the mask. However, the results are amazing and worth a couple of minutes of DIY.

I use a small plastic Tupperware bowl and the end of a makeup brush to mix the powder with some water to make the mask. The first couple of times it was difficult to work out the best water:powder ratio, but you quickly get the hang of it.


The mixture starts to dry when applied to the face, and as it’s drying it also starts to shrink. The shrinking feeling makes the mask very tight – no eating or drinking while it’s on, it’s like a vice! It also feels like it’s ‘sucking’ your face, for want of a better word haha.

I rub the dried mask off after about 20 minutes, splash my face with water and remove the residue with a damp muslin cloth.

The mask leaves my face feeling fresh and my pores feel very much unclogged. It’s great if you’ve got oily skin, as it feels as though the mask absorbs the oil. It makes my spots a lot less angry and if I use it at night, they significantly reduce in size when I wake up.

The first ingredient is oats (avena sativa) which gives the mask an unfortunate porridge scent, but it’s a small price to pay when you see the results.


Bottom line: The cleanser is great and it’s firmly in my skincare regime. The mask is a definite must-have and I’ll be buying another one when this runs out. For the quality of the product, the price is fantastic. I’m not a huge fan of the packaging (I’m a sucker for something pretty!) but it’s a minor gripe.



The Acne treatment is available from the Purely Natural Skin website, priced at £13.95. 
The treatment now includes a muslin cloth too.





*This treatment was provided free of charge for review. As always, whether negative or positive, my review is completely honest. 
I have not been compensated for writing this.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At August 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM , Anonymous Maddie Shen said...

This looks interesting! I'll have to check it out! I'm always up for a new acne treatment. :)

 
At August 22, 2012 at 8:38 PM , Anonymous Lola Omokorede said...

This stuff is great. I was really surprised at how well my skin reacted to it! x

 
At October 30, 2012 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. I wish this treatment will help to get rid from unwanted acne. Acne
has become common problem nowadays.There can be different reasons for acne. There are various products available in the market. But this
is really important to choose best one. Kaya's acne products are really good
and effective.

acne treatment

 
At December 3, 2012 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Our skin daily needs a special care and we should naturally pamper our skin daily. Apply little amount of the gel straight onto pimples and the surrounding perimeter, and leave overnight as you sleep.

http://www.drbatras.com/en/acne/ acne treatment

 
At January 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have tried dozens of cleansers, and all expensive brands, and Shielo's Complexion Scrub is my single favorite cleanser. I switch around with cleansers, try new products, and always come back to Shielo. I have fine lines and wrinkles that it does not accentuate. I am acne-prone, which it helps keep in control. This is a great cleanser for combination, sensitive, aging, and blemish prone skin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home