<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: What I Bought: Sleek Makeup Haul

Monday, February 25, 2013

What I Bought: Sleek Makeup Haul


Sleek is a brand that I haven’t really explored much even though it’s loved in the beauty blogosphere. Not because I don’t want to try it, on the contrary actually. But every time I head into a Superdrug store I find that the Sleek counter is really messy or hardly has any stock – it took me months to find a rose gold blush, and even then they only had one which I was buying as a gift. Anyway I digress.

Sleek Makeup Haul

Sleek was recently offering a 25% off code if you filled out a short survey for them, so I saw it was a perfect opportunity to indulge in a few things I’d been lusting over.

Sleek Makeup Haul
The colours look really washed out in this picture; they’re in fact a lot more vibrant than the picture appears. The middle colour is a fiery red, which is a colour I don’t really have in my collection, so that pretty much sold the palette for me.

Sleek Makeup Haul
I’ve actually been looking for this kit for months and every Superdrug I go into never has it in dark. I was reluctant to buy online as my skin tone is pretty dark and I wanted to swatch the contour shade, but I took the plunge anyway and I love it.

Sleek Makeup Haul
Sleek Makeup Haul
I finally have one! This was probably the highlight of my whole order. It’s a fantastic dupe for NARS Orgasm and it's the perfect summer blush for all skin tones.

Sleek Makeup Haul
Sleek Makeup Haul
Another dusky pink nude to add to the lipstick collection. Now that I have it I’m slightly on the fence about it but I think it’s a great nude for lighter skin tones.

Sleek Makeup Haul
Sleek Makeup Haul
My absolute favourite eyebrow pencil! I always use this to fill in my brows as it looks nice and natural and doesn’t scream “I’ve drawn on my eyebrows!”

Sleek Makeup Haul
Sleek Makeup Haul
I have no idea why I bought this. I’m sure I was watching a YouTube channel or admiring a makeup look on a blog that happened to feature this shade, as it’s not something I’d usually even think about buying. Hopefully I can find a use for it though!

Sleek Makeup Haul
Sleek Makeup Haul
I’m not a big gloss wearer anymore but I couldn’t help but put this in my basket. It applies as a cute, sheer pink with a nice subtle shine and it look great on top of the Liqueur lipstick.

So that’s my little Sleek haul, expect to see some reviews and proper swatches soon!
What are your favourite Sleek products?

LolaStar Hearts UK beauty lifestyle blog




Labels: ,

39 Comments:

At February 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Rose gold is so beautiful, been wanting it forever... Will pick it sooner or later.
The lipstick is gorgeous too. X

-
Fashion-olic.blogspot.co.uk

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely haul, you got so many lovely things :) I really want to give the Rose Gold blusher a go! xx


http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

 
At February 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm yet to try sleek, really want to try the contour pallette xx

ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

 
At February 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love sleek especially the pallettes! I got 2 lipsticks using the discount as well, one of them I don't really like. But in general I love their lippies and blushes too

www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

 
At February 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

lOVE IT

 
At February 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm loving that rose gold blush! Does it leave too much of a shimmer with it or does it look natural on the face?

I'm also having a blogsale if you'd like to check it out here :)
http://islandofmakebelieve.blogspot.com/p/blog-sale.html

 
At February 25, 2013 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow I love everything you've got! The contour kit in dark really is a good dark shade isn't it? I have very pale skin but I can appreciate how good a match the dark shade must be! xx

Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

 
At February 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I thought that was the new mirrored pink blush then and thought damn, I also got the 25% code and bought a few things and that's one thing I wanted but it isn't out yet! I got things I wouldn't normally try since they rarely do discounts. The blush by 3 is a great bargain but I've barely touched mine in over a year so a bit of a waste :(

Paula ♥ | http://www.la-vida-fresa.com/ xo

 
At February 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think my favourite Sleek product is either the Blush by 3 in Sugar or the Christmas Limited Edition set I got a few years ago.. I love them so much!

Amy xo.
www.roseberrylips.blogspot.co.uk

 
At February 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really wan the contour kit!

Can you show us how you've used it please?

http://www.candyliquor.co.uk

UK High Street Fashion & Style

xoxo

 
At February 25, 2013 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The look so pretty. I was just on the sleek website browsing yesterday. I can't wait to buy the cheek palette.

 
At February 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That Rose Gold blush looks lovely, I'll have to keep an eye out for that one....

 
At February 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The contour kit is amazing, trust me you'll love it!! xx


www.allthingsleaf.blogspot.co.uk

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my! You picked up some lovely treats. Everything looks great and so affordable, but the Blush by 3 and True Colour Lipsticks are my favourite. I hope you enjoy them.


Lindsey. x
www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the quality of Sleek products for the reasonable price. Wish I'd known you could get 25% off though! The eyeliners are something I'd like to try, very nice!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 6:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!!!! wonder full collection Statistical analysis

 
At February 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great haul, I love sleek. x

 
At February 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the rose gold blush. I've become obsessed with it this month, it just is such a nice colour. I like the look of the blush palette that you got :)

Beeauty Geek xoxo

 
At March 4, 2013 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Omg, sleek is awesome! That's good that you decided to try it eventually:) such a shame we don't have this brand in Poland;(

 
At March 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I Have to try this stuff it looks amazing!

checkout my blog if you get a chance, im following you now, follow back if you'd like :)

thefemaledragqueen.blogspot.com

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah you definitely should, Sleek is great!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no that's such a shame. Do they not ship to Poland?x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I'm so glad to finally get my mitts on it, it's too difficult to track down in store!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks lovely!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's such a great drugstore brand. I love the pigmentation in their blushes, amazing!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm loving them. Definitely need to buy more I think!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're right it's so good, I can't believe I didn't get it sooner!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Every girl definitely needs it in her blush collection, it's a beauty!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely grab one, such a bargain!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'll have to look out for that blush by three shade, I'm loving flame so far!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's quite shimmery but it's a very subtle shimmer as the blush is very finely milled. The pigmentation is crazy though so only a little swipe is needed, otherwise you end up looking like a disco ball/clown! Haha x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah they've definitely got some great stuff!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You definitely should, the products are great and really cheap when you consider the quality!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah it's a necessity, make sure you get it - it's gorgeous!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I'd been hunting it down for ages but it was always sold out, glad to finally have it!x

 
At March 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i love rumour! had to re-stock on that one!

 
At March 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I NEED THE ROSE GOLD BLUSH, argh it's so pretty! xx

 
At March 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have the contour kit and that blush as well, love them both :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home