<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review: Avène Micellar Cleansing Lotion

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Review: Avène Micellar Cleansing Lotion


avene Avène micellar cleansing lotion water review swatch photo picture lolastar hearts UK beauty blog

Micellar cleansing waters have literally revolutionalised the way I remove my makeup. I always double cleanse at night and micellar lotions are the perfect second cleanse in my routine.

avene Avène micellar cleansing lotion water review swatch photo picture lolastar hearts UK beauty blog

I love Avène. It’s an amazing brand and their products have done wonders for my skin recently so I had really high hopes for the Avène Micellar Lotion*. As with all Avène products, this micellar water is made using silica rich Avène Thermal Spring Water. It’s suitable for sensitive skin and removes makeup without irritating or altering the skin’s natural protective barrier.

avene Avène micellar cleansing lotion water review swatch photo picture lolastar hearts UK beauty blog

Now honestly speaking this isn’t the best micellar water I’ve tried. It really doesn’t budge stubborn eye makeup and if like me you wear a medium/full coverage foundation then this won’t get remove it in its entirety. And this is me speaking after already washing my face, I’d hate to imagine what it’d be like if this was the only product I used to remove my makeup.

avene Avène micellar cleansing lotion water review swatch photo picture lolastar hearts UK beauty blog

However it’s not all bad news. Although it doesn’t perform well as a makeup remover, it makes the perfect toner. It’s gentle and hydrating and makes my skin feel plump and refreshed after I use it. Since my skin is so unpredictable it’s important that I don’t use anything too strong in the morning and this is gentle but effective so gets a thumbs up from me.

Avène Micellar Lotion is available to buy from Boots, priced at £12.50/200ml. Have you tried this cleansing water before?

LolaStar Hearts UK beauty lifestyle blog




Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

At February 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love Micellar water and yesterday i picked up the No7 cleansing water, i have heard good things about it. I all most picked up the La Roche Posay one, they are all priced pretty much the same. Great review.

 
At February 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this micellar lotion! xx

 
At February 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

love avene products so gentle!

http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk/


xx

 
At February 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi sweetie, new follower here :-D Really like your blog and think you would be a great addition to our Aloha Friday Blog Hop. It is a great way to meet other bloggers, get some exposure for your blog and find new readers and followers. Feel free to stop by anytime and join us :-D Happy weekend !

xoxo Pakize (Keke)

http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

 
At February 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I too adore Micellar waters! It's a bit disappointing that this didn't remove all of your makeup, as I love to wear heavy eye makeup. xx

Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

 
At February 18, 2013 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Really want to try a micellar water!

A little bit Unique

x

Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here

 
At February 20, 2013 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the review. I really want to try Micellar water. I'm waiting for mum to take a trip to France so she can pick up some Bioderma.


Lindsey. x
www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

 
At February 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hay new follower and great review ;)
follow back, if you like . andy

 
At February 26, 2013 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Avene products are great, I have used quite a few of them without disappointment. I am currently using the Avene Extremely Rich Compensating Cream to preserve my skin from these Arctic temperatures.

http://miakhymai.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah they're such good quality. Hope the cream is working for you!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I was expecting more as I love lots of their other products! Definitely doesn't beat Bioderma or Nuxe!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Bioderma is fantastic, but it's very marmite - I know a lot of people that hate it. You should pick up the Nuxe micellar whilst you're in France too. x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you :) x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah they're definitely kind to skin, even their acne range!x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps the fact it didn't work so well for me is a message that I wear too much makeup ... Haha x

 
At March 6, 2013 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really want to try the No7 one actually, let me know how you get on with it. And the La Roche Posay too!x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home