<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Review + Swatches: Ellis Faas Creamy Lips in Pale Coffee L109

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Review + Swatches: Ellis Faas Creamy Lips in Pale Coffee L109

ellis faas review swatch photo

Last week I reviewed my Ellis Faas Glazed Lips in L302 lip-gloss, so this week I’m back with Ellis Faas Creamy Lips in L109 Pale Coffee.

The creamy lips products differ from the glazed lips as they’re of course creamier, and more of a lipstick. The colour definitely isn’t sheer and has a matte finish.

Again, as with all Ellis Faas products the bullet is lush; sleek silver with a shade indicator on the base and a twist-up dispenser.

ellis faas review swatch photo
ellis faas review swatch photo

Unlike the gloss that has a lip brush, the Creamy Lips applicator is a ‘shower head’ that allows a smooth, even application. I find that it isn’t as ‘precise’ as the lip brush but it’s definitely easy to use.

ellis faas review swatch photoellis faas review swatch photo

L109 is described as a Pale Coffee shade and has an amazing colour pay off. It’s also paraben free and enriched with vitamin E, so whilst it’s creamy and matte it’s still very moisturising. I still apply it over a balm, something equally as matte like Nuxe Reve de Miel or Beptanthen – both of which seem to help prolong the wear.

ellis faas review swatch photo

The colour looks very nude when swatched on my hand, but pops a little more on my lips. This is mainly due to the lighting; I was inside when I did my lip swatches so it’s not quite as vibrant in real life. In fact I find the colour quite subtle, although you can build it up so it’s more solid – too much of this makes me look dead so I try to keep it quite toned down.

ellis faas review swatch photo

Even though it’s moisturising, the creamy texture unfortunately clings to any dry bits on your lips so it’s important to have a little scrub before applying!

To darken the colour a bit and tone down the ‘milkiness’ I sometimes add the Sheer Dark Brown GlazedLips on top. The pictures on the left are L109 alone, the right are with L302 on top.

ellis faas review swatch photo ellis faas review swatch photo
ellis faas review swatch photo ellis faas review swatch photo

I find that with the gloss on top the colour looks more nude - almost caramel, perfect for day wear. Without the gloss it has a wear time of about a few hours without eating or drinking, but with the gloss on top the wear is prolonged slightly.

My only issue again is the price. £22 for 2.8ml of product is just hugely expensive. Especially since you have no idea when it’s going to run out!

Bottom line: It’s a great product, but it’s definitely a rare treat – not a regular splurge!


Ellis Faas Creamy Lips are available to buy from SelfridgesSpaceNK and Liberty London, priced at £22 each. 




Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At November 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The packaging looks awesome :)

 
At November 8, 2012 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This shade looks awesome on you - although I don't think it'd suit me! x

 
At November 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It looks a really good colour on you!

Love it with the gloss too :)


Love, Elise xx
http://love-elise.com

 
At November 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I got this product in my US Glossybox. I think it was this shade or something really close... and on me, it looks AWFUL. I just tossed it.

 
At November 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that looks really nice on you, it works really well with the gloss. I think it wouldn't suit me at all but you should def hang on to it, it is so pretty.


dp
x


www.inanityandthegirl.com

 
At November 8, 2012 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

looks gorgeous on you! xx
beautybynaynay.blogspot.com.au

 
At November 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This colour is perfect for your lips, which I am very jealous of! x

 
At November 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

the showerhead applicator is so cute and tempting.. :)

 
At November 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks lovely! ;) x

 
At November 13, 2012 at 12:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Danae xx

 
At November 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You chucked it in the bin?! Oh gosh! Haha. Sad to hear it didn't work for you though, but also very jealous that you get such good brands in your Glossyboxes! xx

 
At November 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Elise ;) x

 
At November 13, 2012 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Milly! I wasn't so sure it'd look right on me either haha, but Ellis Faas has got some other lovely colours in the range so you should definitely check them out! :) x

 
At November 13, 2012 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah it's definitely growing on me!x

 
At November 13, 2012 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Pretty much my favourite thing about it! Haha x

 
At November 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey lovely! I jus found your cute blog and gladly added myself to your followers for support! I’d love to have you stop by and maybe follow too? Also I’ll leave the link to a big JUICY COUTURE GIVEAWAY I’m having in case you’re interested!:)

Hope to see you there, and thanks so much beautiful!!

Xo, Emily

Juicy Couture Giveaway!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home