<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: My quest for the perfect brow: Eyebrow Threading

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My quest for the perfect brow: Eyebrow Threading

Ever since I was 17 I’ve been threading my eyebrows. During my younger years I was very ‘pluck-happy’ but when I got to 17 I realised the error of my ways, and opted to have them done professionally.

(Source)

For those who don’t know what threading is, it’s a procedure where a piece of cotton is twisted into a double thread and that double thread is used to pull a line of hairs out. Weird explanation so here’s a short video:


I’ve recently been trying to grow my eyebrows out as I’ve got a HD Brows appointment on the 24th. But with a wedding on the 21st and some friends staying over at the moment I just can’t stand looking like an unkempt werewolf any longer.

I know that my HD Brows procedure will be a lot better if they’ve got more brow to work with but I couldn’t hold out and went to get them threaded this afternoon.

BEFORE


Be prepared, the pictures are gruesome …

There’s no way I could last another two weeks with those bad boys.

AFTER


The woman I usually have wasn’t there when I arrived so I had to get someone else. Not entirely happy with the shape as they usually look a lot better, but anything is better than what was there before!

I’ve filled them in slightly with a pencil, and added some silver to highlight my brow bone.

Threading gives a much cleaner finish compared to waxing and plucking and it’s very quick.

Whenever I mention eyebrow threading the first question people ask me if whether it hurts. Any kind of hair removal involving ripping hair from the follicle is going to hurt. But threading is typically very quick, with both brows done in less than 15-20 minutes.

I tend to wait about 2-3 weeks before returning so hopefully cleaning up my messy brows today will not have had too much impact on my forthcoming HD Brows.

Thumbs up for better brows!

How do you keep your eyebrows in check?


Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At April 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Natasha said...

I've never had my brows threaded. I get mine waxed every 2 weeks, but I'm trying to grow them out to get HD brows at the moment. I'm like you though, hate my eyebrows looking messy. I'll have to give threading a go. Yours look really good, and I love the shape. x

 
At April 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Beauty Balm said...

I have just started getting my eyebrows threaded. First time it really hurt but so much neater and lasts longer than waxing x

 
At April 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Annie said...

They look gorgeous. I've never had my brows threaded, I tend to pluck them myself at the moment to save money but seeing how beautiful they look does tempt me to give it a go. xx

http://annieshomemadeheaven.blogspot.com

 
At April 11, 2012 at 8:18 PM , Blogger maliberry said...

I've got some brow jealousy right now...

I get mine waxed at the benefit brow bar and did it enough times to fill up a loyalty card and get a free wax, but I think I'm going back to threading now as it's cheaper, cleaner and quicker! I also prefer the squared off clean-cut look threading gives and I don't think it's that bad pain-wise.

x x x

 
At April 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have never done this before but I just love the end result you got so I will try it. Lovely blog by the way!I found you on the blog hop and I am just stopping by to say hello! please check out my blog too and follow if you enjoy.

 
At April 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM , Blogger TheSecretBlogger said...

really great results! :-) I found your blog on blog hop and I'm now following you, i hope you can check out my blog too and maybe follow back :-)

http://thesecretblogger-2011.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At April 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Victoria said...

Your brows look great. I've no idea why I haven't plucked up the courage to get threaded as I easily take the pain of waxing. I have quite strong brows which I like the shape of and maintain with plucking, - I guess I am a little worried they will thread my brows into oblivion!
x

 
At April 12, 2012 at 2:01 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

My friend is addicted to Threading she always gets hers done at Debenhams.
I've been blessed with perfect eyebrows I've never had to pluck them or anything!
xo

 
At April 12, 2012 at 7:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow perfect! I plucked my eyebrows into oblivion in the 90's so I don't think threading would work for me. Shame it wasn't more popular back then.

You look fab!

 
At April 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Beabarella said...

I really want to get it done, but the only places in Hull where you can get it done are little stands in the middle of shopping centres so strangers can stand and judge how hairy my eyebrows are- that scares me!!! Looks lovely tho love!
xxx
Bea @ beabarella

 
At April 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't tried threading yet but I go to the Benefit bow bar when I need to. My eyebrows grow in veeery slowly so I'm quite lucky.

But your eyebrows look fab:)

 
At April 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Jessica Louise said...

I nominated you for the versatile blog award, well done, you deserve it.
All the details are in my blog post! xx
http://obsessedaboutbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At April 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Shana said...

I cannot live without threading my eyebrows! I started when i was 15 and havnt looked back :p

Shana x

http://xbeautybeatsx.blogspot.co.uk/

 
At April 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love threading! It saves me so much time and money! :)

http://mascaraismyvice.blogspot.com/

 
At January 24, 2014 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

wow!! this is the best eyebrow threading services really helpful post thanks for sharing this and also i wanna suggest you one site for Eyebrowthreading services


http://www.newlookdayspaandlaser.com/hair-threading.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home