<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Collective Haul ...

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Collective Haul ...


Warning: Picture heavy post!

Went into Boots last week and they seem to have everything on offer – 3 for 2! – So thought it’d be a crime not to pick some stuff up.

I did get a lot more than what’s here but everything else for a beauty box for the boy, since he’s jealous of all of mine! Haha

Tresemme Split End Sealing Serum
Fade Out Original Moisturising Cream
Fade Out Nourishing Night Cream
Fade Out Anti Shadow Brightening Eye Cream
St Ives Apricot Scrub
White Glo Toothpaste (x3)

Tresemme Split End Sealing Serum
I chemically straighten my hair every six weeks, which ends up leaving it dry and brittle and murdering my ends. I’ve been looking for something like this to help me tame them.


Fade Out Original Moisturising Cream | Fade Out Nourishing Night Cream | Face Out Anti Shadow Brightening Eye Cream
I actually read about these creams on Lea’s blog here. The reviews generally seem pretty decent too. My Clarins Day & Night creams are running low and I can’t afford to spend £80 on two moisturisers so decided to grab these for Project: Face. 




They stink and tingle when you apply them (sting, if you’ve applied too much), but I’ll do a full review once I’ve given them a few weeks. These were on offer as well, so I saved myself £10!


St Ives Apricot Scrub
I was lucky enough to get sent a sample of this about a month ago and have been addicted ever since. Scrubs never seem to be ‘scrubby’ enough for me but this one really exfoliates.

White Glo Toothpaste
Since getting this in the last Carmine box (RIP!) I’ve been truly addicted. I went out and bought it as soon as my sample ran out, but found that once that had run out and I switched back to a normal toothpaste for a few days, the ‘wow’ factor had gone and my teeth were really dull again. I got the tea and coffee drinkers formula to try out too, hopefully this will prolong the whiteness if I run out again.

It’s not the cheapest toothpaste at £4 a tube, but with a toothbrush and floss sticks in every pack and visibly whiter teeth, you can’t go wrong! And 3 for 2? I’m sold.


I’ve read a few posts about the Lush Lip Scrubs recently, and as the boy was going shopping I asked (read: begged) him to pick one up for me.


I asked for the bubblegum flavour, as I’m a bit funny with mint sometimes. Smells and tastes amazing, although the aftertaste is a little weird but I think that’s because of the oils.


I’ll spare you the full review, since everyone has been there, done it, and got the tee!

As I mentioned before, I chemically straighten my hair every six weeks and last week I was waaay overdue. I rushed out to get one, admittedly wearing a hat to hide my Medusa mane and some very scruffy clothes, and stumbled across a Sleek counter in the hair shop …

I don’t own any Sleek items, but a lot of the ladies over on BBS rave about the Sleek Rose Gold blush so when I saw the counter I had to have a look!

I only bought two things – watching the pennies! :( The Rose Gold looked a little too ‘rich’ for me.


First up is a blush in Pomegranate. It’s a lovely, deep pink and compliments my skin tone well. But it’s very pigmented so I have to be careful with how I apply it otherwise I look like a clown.




The second thing I bought was the sleek brow pencil in brown. Black pencils make my brows look too heavy, so this brown one fills them in nicely and keeps them natural looking.



So that’s it. Time to tighten the purse strings for a while!

Have you tried any of these products before?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At April 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous products in this haul! I like the look of the coffee and tea drinkers whitening formula - since I am a tea guzzler, haha!

Sharleena xx

 
At April 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Jetleyface said...

Lovely haul hun, I've wanted to try white glo for a while now :) x

 
At April 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Blogger sleepandwater said...

I've got the Sleek blush in Rose Gold and like Pomegranate, it's very pigmented. I don't really reach for it that much because I find it a bit tricky to apply, especially in the mornings if I'm in a rush (which is always). Amazing haul!

 
At April 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM , Blogger tinoftreats said...

Love the lip scrub, St Ives exfoliator and the Tresemme serum, it really works :) xxx

 
At April 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Giada Beauty said...

WOW!!! You know what!?
This time you are hurting my purse!!
I think I will go for Sleek Blush, Lush Lip Scrub, White Glow ... mmm
what else do you suggest? teeheehee... nice haul!!
Btw! I have awarded you the
One Lovely Blog Award


xx

 
At April 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM , Blogger Annie said...

Great haul. I love every single thing you bought so I'm slightly jealous haha! I own and adore the lip scrub and I actually wrote the obligatory review post today :P xx

 
At April 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM , Blogger Across the Avenue said...

Your blog is beautiful! Great product picks, too. New follower here! Please stop by http://sassyshoppperreviews.blogspot.com/ when you can!

 
At April 27, 2012 at 4:18 AM , Blogger korigirl said...

Love the haul! I'm looking for an eye cream that will take away the dark circles, I guess that fade out eye cream is good for that, please let me know how it goes.

returning the follow from myeverydayshopping, thanks so much!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home