<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://lolastarhearts.com
! * LolaStar Hearts | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog * !: Friday Faves: Mattifiers

Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Faves: Mattifiers

favourites murad monu good things paul & joe prreti best mattifiers mattifying lotion creams gels SPF

This week’s Friday Faves post is all about my favourite mattifying products. My skin isn’t oily – my skin is an oil slick! Some days it’s so bad that you can see little beads of sebum on my nose and the shine - oh, the shine! Unfortunately I still haven’t managed to find a holy grail product that keeps the oil and shine at bay, but this lovely lot make sure it’s not so bad.

  LOTIONS & POTIONS                                                                                                             

favourites murad monu good things paul & joe prreti best mattifiers mattifying lotion creams gels SPF
  MURAD T-ZONE PORE REFINING GEL*                                                                                                              
I’ve been meaning to review this for quite some time, but I absolutely love this stuff. I apply it underneath my moisturiser and it helps hold the shine off for a few hours. Unfortunately I’ve found that the longer I’ve used it the less effective it has become. However it makes an excellent base for my moisturiser and also my makeup. A tad on the pricey side at £45 though.

favourites murad monu good things paul & joe prreti best mattifiers mattifying lotion creams gels SPF
  MONU PURE CONTROL MATTIFYING LOTION                                                                                                 
Great lotion, great size. I don’t have anything bad to say about this product. It feels slightly powdery when you apply it and makes my skin feel a little tacky so it’s the perfect base for applying makeup. Again, it doesn’t stop the oil slick but prolongs a matte finish. At £14 it’s very affordable and will last absolutely ages.

favourites murad monu good things paul & joe prreti best mattifiers mattifying lotion creams gels SPF
  MURAD OIL-CONTROL MATTIFIER SPF15*                                                                                                        
I’ve mentioned before that I don’t usually tend to use SPF daily, I know, I know, no lectures please. I do however use it when I’ve had an abrasive treatment the day/night before to protect my skin from the sun. The awful thing about SPF lotions is that they can be quite heavy, so it’s difficult to find moisturisers containing SPF that don’t make my face look like a deep-fat fryer. It’s not what I’d reach for daily, but perfect for me after microdermabrasion or a glycolic peel. Quite pricey at around the £33 mark but great if you use SPF.

favourites murad monu good things paul & joe prreti best mattifiers mattifying lotion creams gels SPF
  GOOD THINGS MIRACLE MATTIFIER MOISTURISER                                                                                    
This smells gorgeous! Subtle blackcurrant without being overpowering or sickly. It’s not the best mattifyer, but it’s a lovely light moisturiser so doesn’t send my skin into oil production overdrive. It’s the cheapest lotion of all of them though, coming in at an insanely affordable £8 for a massive 100ml tube.

  BLOTTING PAPERS                                                                                                                 

favourites murad monu good things paul & joe prreti best mattifiers mattifying lotion creams gels SPF

When my mattifiers can’t hold off the shine I use blotting papers to dab away the excess shine.

  PAUL & JOE BLOTTING PAPER                                                                                                                              
These papers aren’t the best blotting papers, I tend to use them every couple of hours but not if my face is really shiny. They don’t really pick up much oil so they’re better for minor touch ups. The papers are very papery (go figure, haha) – by this I mean not entirely absorbent. I’d say they’re slightly overpriced at £10.50, but the compact packaging is just too cute.

favourites murad monu good things paul & joe prreti best mattifiers mattifying lotion creams gels SPF
  PRRETI OIL CONTROL FILM*                                                                                                                                
These babies are the daddy of blotting papers. I reviewed them here and they’re still my favourites. They’re not papers, they’re more like plastic sheets that absorb all of the excess oil on my face. The packaging has nothing on the Paul & Joe compact, but the sheets are fantastic. And at $5.99 they're as cheap as chips.


So those are my Friday Faves – have you tried any of these products? 
What do you use to keep the shine and excess oil away?




Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At December 7, 2012 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

The paul and joe blotting papers are sooo cute. I have been eyeing up the good things mattifier. x

 
At December 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Have you ever used Milk of Magnesia??? It's a miracle! I apply a thin layer after my day cream and before my foundation!it's a mattifier AND a primer!!! and it cost only 1.5 euros!

 
At December 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so all of these products (apart from the Murad one). I have really oily skin too and i'm yet to find my holy grail mattifier!!

 
At December 8, 2012 at 3:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i am on a never ending hunt for miracle mattifying products. i have used the Murad lotion and did like it but found it a bit thick. i'm currently loving the loose powder from Mattify Cosmetics - not sure if they ship to the UK though.

 
At December 17, 2012 at 1:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh I'll check it out and see if I can get hold of any!x

 
At December 17, 2012 at 1:54 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's so difficult to find something. The only good thing is that people with oily skin tend to age well!x

 
At December 17, 2012 at 1:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll have to give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes :) x

 
At December 17, 2012 at 1:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's pretty decent for the price, and it smells gorgeous!x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home